SIM Failure

Guest NorthernRich

Guest NorthernRich

My MPX200 has died with a SIM Failure. I kindly offered my phone to someone with a Vodafone SIM so that they could check their voice messages, as they had their phone stolen. In a shock move(!) it didn't work - had a message that the phone only works with SIMs from certain providers and then it offered me the option to "unlock". As I didn't have a code I turned the phone off, put my SIM in and then turned it back on again. The phone returned a SIM failure. Having re-seated the SIM several times I painfully resorted to a MASTER RESET. This didn't work. I took the SIM out and tried a Master Reset again, but still it didn't work (it hangs on the start up screen). I have turned the phone off and charged it over night, reseated the SIM, tried the reset with the original SD card in (clutching at straws now) and still the thing wont work. The SIM does however work in an old Nokia, so the SIM is fine. PLEASE HELP as the reports I read on this site suggest the phone shop wont be much use. :D

Guest awarner [MVP]

The MPX200 had a poor design with the SIM holder, what's

probably happened is the back retaining lugs have been broken. The quick fix is to insert the SIM and place a piece of

folded paper between the SIM and the battery to help secure the SIM in it's holder.