you guys seems smart - my 8390 is sick...

Guest Feidhlim

Guest Feidhlim

:/ any chance you guys can help?

having been stupid enough to do hard reset and not know a single word of chinese i eventually got my settings back to english...

THE REASON I HARD RESET is cause everytime i turn on the phone i get an alert, all in what i presume is chinese (the only english word being "sim")

basically i cant recieve text messages because of it. and its very very annoying.

can anyone help me?

any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Guest Feidhlim

i have to stop replying to my own thread...

how do i de-cert my phone? the coolsmartphones link is dead and there doesnt seem to be any other tutorials around.

<---- n00b

Guest Feidhlim

oh, and that first problem- i cant recieve calls now too, well, i get them, but then it just cancels the call after about 3 seconds...

Guest Feidhlim

it MUST be just a dodgy .cab i installed or something like that, and my hard reset doesnt seem to make a difference so i thought it could be my Mem card. i took that out and still got that alert...

can someone upload all their windows files or something?

i am seriously desperate here... :cry:

Guest Feidhlim

so desperate, i drew out the chinese symbols in paint.

im sure there is a way i could have copied the screen but hell, im a n00b, and this way is much more fun. :D

i have no doubt that those of you who speak chinese will struggle to read this, but translation would be much appreciated...

chinese.gif

Guest martin

Here's a long shot.

mikevirgil made a post to a chinese forum - see this topic

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=110303

If you could get a screengrab of the message then maybe you could post it there and see if anyone replies. If we can find out what the message is then we could maybe help.

* For screen capture try smartSS from http://www.louterrailloune.com/smartss.html

If all else fails then you could always try your local chinese takeaway :D

Guest Feidhlim

ill see if anyone here knows. if not i always get a drunken chinese takaway on thursdays, ill ask them...

i just put my sim into another phone, got over 20 messages :/

not good...

Guest martin

Just had a thought :D

Using your other phone try and delete some SMS messages and contacts stored on your SIM card and then try it in the MIO again. It could be trying to store something on the SIM and it full.

Guest Feidhlim

damn good idea. tried it there and no sooner do i put my sim back into my phone that the battery goes on me. :/

my smartphone still isnt that smart...

Guest poodoo

Aw. If you write that to my chinese teacher, he probably wants to meet your parents :D . I can't make out the words you write (sorry) but maybe u can take a screen with SmartSS so that i can translate. It can be found at dear monolithix's

http://www.monolithix.org/SPV_software.html http://www.monolithix.org/SPV_software.html

You might need to decert your phone 1st.

To decert your mio( i think its unlock right?), go here:

http://www.mio-tech.com

Go to the global site and click on that unlock 8380/8390 button. Can't get you a direct link cuz the site is down now. Amazing services.

Guest Horace Lee

Hi, Feidhlim....It seems like the SIM slot loses its sense....You can firstly try to fill up something between the SIM card and battery, like papers, so that the SIM can contact with the slot perfectly....if it has no effect, you will have to contact with the manufacturer to help check the SIM slot.....^^...just for your reference.

The chinese you saw after booting up the smartphone maybe the warning that smartphone cannot detect the SIM card inserted....^^

Hope it is helpful....

Guest skyline_gtr

HAHAHAHHAHAH

i tried to make out the words but i dont understand it....

if you can get a more accurate thingy then i can help you....

actually does it look something like this?

if yes then.....no sim card inserted

*edit* i know why your phone showed that...you set your phone to the usa region....and english language....and since....smartphones are stupid...it cant decode chinese error messages....this explains the square boxes...

error.jpg

Guest Feidhlim

cheers guys! martins idea worked. i deleted the messages in my inbox when they COULD be viewed in another phone, that cleared it all up!