Taken the plunge.....

Guest Jay3gsm

Guest Jay3gsm

Only a few years behind some of you guys but I've finally decided to see if an MS phone can give me what I want in a phone. It's only an MPx200 to start with, I've read few a lot of the topics on this forum so I'm prepared for some of the regular problems should they occur. Whether I like it or not I will still get either a C500 or MPx220 (maybe both?) when they are released. Can always sell them if I don't like them! :D I am a confirmed fan of Symbian, S60, and use a 6600 on a regular basis. Will be very interesting to see which OS over the next few months gives me the flexibility I'm looking for. If any of you guys have any tips, hints or general information that is going to make my first step into the world of the MS smartphone that little bit easier I'm more than happy to hear them. :D

Guest Jay3gsm

First problem. :? Have linked the phone to my PC via the USB cable, and put the CD in drive. However I keep getting an error after trying to install Active Sync, a copy error 1. Advises to reboot the PC, which I have done quite a few times now. Stil lsame problem. I've done a brief search on the site but can't find the problem listed anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Hi and welcome to the mpx200 :D

There is so much you can do with the phone that the problem is where to begin :D

As soon as you have the problem above fixed there are two apps you need to start you off.

Task Manager and Smart Explorer from www.Binarys.com

For more things to try have a look in the FAQ section of the site.

Guest Jay3gsm
Ah. You needed to install the software before connecting the phone. There's details of how to fix it here

Thanks for the heads up on that link. Bit complicated for something that should be so easy though. Wouldn't have connected the phone first if the s/w hadn't said 'please connect phone before attempting to install'!! :D

Guest Jay3gsm
Hi and welcome to the mpx200 :D

There is so much you can do with the phone that the problem is where to begin :D

As soon as you have the problem above fixed there are two apps you need to start you off.

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager and http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=55367>Smart Explorer from www.Binarys.com

For more things to try have a look in the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=37>FAQ section of the site.

Thanks for that. The MPx200 is certainly complicated. I'm by no way new or fresh to mobile phones, working in the industry and all but I've always avoided MS phones. In comparison, the Symbian setup is so much easier, nad much more intuitive to use first time round. But I'm so looking forward to getting a MPx220 I thought I'd get the MPx200 to practice with, get used to the way the phone works before getting the new model. Shall give it a fair crack to impress, though.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Wouldn't have connected the phone first if the s/w hadn't said 'please connect phone before attempting to install'!! :D

Really? normally they state DO NOT connect before installing Activsync, mine did :?