Uni Project - Ideas for a smartphone app!

Guest LSmith4285

Guest LSmith4285

Hello,

Well as the title says I am thinking about doing a smartphone application as my 4th years honours project at uni....

I am thinking something with a database underneath possibly but all ideas welcome!

1 possibility so far was a "Wallet" to store important info securely.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks for looking

Lyle

Guest Disco Stu

A version of the Orange Fireplayer that allows you to choose from a library of generic samples or import your own to create mixes for ringtones or whatever :D

Guest LSmith4285
How about Book Keeper?

or

Genealogy?

I kinda interested in the book keeper, what did you have in mind?

I would quite like the application to be feasable as a sellable product as I could use some extra income! :D

I think the others are above my programming skills!

Guest martin

How about a program that helps the everyday person work out their finances :D Something that makes APR and interest rates easy to understand.

You know the usual, if you decide to buy a hifi for £200 and the store rate is 26% APR and it requires a minimum payment of £10 per month - what would the total repayment be. Also what difference would it make if the monthly payments were increased.

You could also have a database of your visa cards and their APR rates and maybe even savings accounts with interest rates etc.

You could even calculate how an interest rate change would affect you in a mortgage calculation.

So basically a program that does the calculations to help you understand what a purchase or investment will actually mean in monetary terms.

AFAIK I haven't seen anything that does this in the SPV.

Failing that - DISCO LIGHTS :D

Guest henryc
Hello,

Well as the title says I am thinking about doing a smartphone application as my 4th years honours project at uni....

I am thinking something with a database underneath possibly but all ideas welcome!

1 possibility so far was a "Wallet" to store important info securely.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks for looking

Lyle

How about an EMULATOR for PALM application or PORT this nice application for smartphone version "PALMASUTRA" that can be found at

PALMASUTRA.ORG

Guest nickcornaglia

Some simple-ish ideas:

- A hierarchal notes organizer where you can expand and collapse the nodes. Maybe even categorize the nodes as notes, phone number, todo, etc.

- I like the genealogy program idea but it would have to sync with a desktop standard like GED files.

- A T9/abc typing tutor/game where letters and/or words fall from the top of the screen and you have to type them out on your phone's keypad. Alot like the Palm grafitti tutor GIRAFFE.

Whatever you make....make it look good. Use nice clean graphics but dont go overboard. And make a clever and clean user interface.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickcornaglia

Most do as it is the universal standard for genealogy apps.

Family Tree Maker is one I use.

There are also a bunch of free programs especially one from the "Church of Latter Day Saints" (The Mormons) who are really into this for some reason.

Here are some links to freebies:

http://www.1stopfreeshop.com/gensoft.htm

Good Luck!

• 4 months later...

Wondered what happened to your project. Any good news?

I pray for your success in your studies.

Again, BEST OF LUCK!!

BUT please post your progress here on the intended software to be developed.