WM 2003 for MPx200 no longer available

Guest lutzh

Guest jcjdoss

I know I don't have a whole lot of clout around here, but anyone out there that is afraid to upgrade needs to chillout. I had my mpx200 for one day, (first smartphone or upgrade ever) and just jumped into it. I've had tv's and dvd's that were harder to work. I can understand waiting a little while just to figure out some of the major bugs, but it's official....IT WORKS!!!! Just a brief description on what you'll be getting into...

1. Battery bug-As long as you upgrade with a full battery no issue

2. Volume bug- Not sure what the issue is, the only thing about volume that is important to me is that I can hear it. In outdoor profile is loud enough to hear in a crowded area, normal is good for an office.

3.GPRS bug- there isn't one. you'll have to set your configurations since you are resetting EVERYTHING.

4. Menu bug-Menus are twice as fast as in 2002

5. Stability bug-This OS appears to be way to stable for Microsoft. Has to be a bug

Seriously, you just need to do it. There are plenty of forums and posts with any info you might need. When there was a post about any new possible issue there was plenty of helpful people here that would research and post within the week. The people here will flash and reflash and flash their phones again to help you. Makes Dell customer service seem pretty crappy.

If you can follow directions, and I'm guessing because you are on a computer, surfing the internet, and in a forum, you have at some point. Then you can do this. The instructions are very descriptive

and will take you through step by step. If you have Windows 98 it's time to upgrade to XP anyway.

BE WARNED: THIS UPDATE WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE MORE USABLE!!!

Just drop a post with any questions. I won't go back.

Guest Scoutmaster

i see on my phone in resource manager that i have

Maker: Motorola, Inc.

Processor: StrongARM

O.S: Windows CE

Version: 4.200 (build 0)

is this windows 2002 or 2003?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

My e100 does this! Every so often it will decide (randomly) to mess up "me". So i get "of" > "69" > "me".

Damn annoying!

I have an annoying one at the moment.. My T9 dictionary makes the word "Where" into its respective numbers and i have to cycle to get "where"

i see on my phone in resource manager that i have  

Maker: Motorola, Inc.

Processor: StrongARM

O.S: Windows CE

Version: 4.200 (build 0)

is this windows 2002 or 2003?

2003. SP2002 is based on some form Of CE 3

Guest wycklk
I know I don't have a whole lot of clout around here, but anyone out there that is afraid to upgrade needs to chillout. I had my mpx200 for one day, (first smartphone or upgrade ever) and just jumped into it. I've had tv's and dvd's that were harder to work. I can understand waiting a little while just to figure out some of the major bugs, but it's official....IT WORKS!!!! Just a brief description on what you'll be getting into...  

1. Battery bug-As long as you upgrade with a full battery no issue  

2. Volume bug- Not sure what the issue is, the only thing about volume that is important to me is that I can hear it. In outdoor profile is loud enough to hear in a crowded area, normal is good for an office.  

3.GPRS bug- there isn't one. you'll have to set your configurations since you are resetting EVERYTHING.  

4. Menu bug-Menus are twice as fast as in 2002  

5. Stability bug-This OS appears to be way to stable for Microsoft. Has to be a bug  

Seriously, you just need to do it. There are plenty of forums and posts with any info you might need. When there was a post about any new possible issue there was plenty of helpful people here that would research and post within the week. The people here will flash and reflash and flash their phones again to help you. Makes Dell customer service seem pretty crappy.  

If you can follow directions, and I'm guessing because you are on a computer, surfing the internet, and in a forum, you have at some point. Then you can do this. The instructions are very descriptive  

and will take you through step by step. If you have Windows 98 it's time to upgrade to XP anyway.  

BE WARNED: THIS UPDATE WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE MORE USABLE!!!  

Just drop a post with any questions. I won't go back.

jcjdoss,

Congratulations ! I share your joy.

Welcome to MPX200-WinMobile 2003 fan club !

Guest Godfather

I have put a few WMA custom ringtones on my phone, but I also want to use one that is short, for an SMS indication. I tried to select one but it didn't list any of the WMA's I had. Am i not able to use WMA's for short sounds like when I receive an sms or new voice mail? The ringtone section lists them, but all others don't. Did I do something wrong, or will it only read WAV sound files for the other sounds?

Thanks!

Guest vangel161

hi guys

i have some troubles trying to upgrade the mpx so i wonder if you can help me

i have windows xp with sp1

i have installed the smartfon.inf

i have installed the motorola upgrade wizard

and after the the detection of the device it comes with the screen that says "Bad News Upgrading Motorola MPx 200 Has Failed"

what can i do?

i believe its a hardware prob and not software

any ideas?

Guest maximaseefu
you mean there was a third version available????

more info PLEASE!?!?!?!

why was it withdrawn? and what was fixed in this version?

Pigo

I would love to know also.

Guest clacke
No, there was no 3rd version.  

Just the original, and the updated version.

All versions were removed from msmobiles.

yes they are all gone :P , however, a wise grasshopper can seek enlightenment [edit by midnight: please do not encourage piracy] :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest geri2483
hi guys 

i have some troubles trying to upgrade the mpx so i wonder if you can help me 

i have windows xp with sp1

i have installed the smartfon.inf

i have installed the motorola upgrade wizard

and after the the detection of the device it comes with the screen that says "Bad News Upgrading Motorola MPx 200 Has Failed"

what can i do?

i believe its a hardware prob and not software

any ideas?

Hi

if you are able of German, visit the appropriate thread on www.mobilejoe.de ..

Otherwise: check 2 things: any other synch-software (eg Nokia PC Suite, NEC Sync Tool, SE Synch Tool) installed on the PC? If so de-install it. Secondly - if there are any other USB devices connected to the PC except the MPx-> disconnect them before starting the upgrade procedure!

Hope it helps

CIao

Gerhard

Guest josephccy

Finally i have flashed the WM2003. i have uninstall my SyncManager & unplug all the USB, after will do!... Im very happy with this 2003 image! millione of thx to @nonymouus

Guest raiderz

I finally took the plunge 7 days ago to upgrade my mpx200 to wm2003 and apart from some weird low battery warnings which were solved my refreshing resource manager there have been no problems at all!

Guest clacke
errrr so does that mean you cantr get this anymore ? :P 

I was just about to "upgrade" .

The ship sailed without you sir. I'd try another port, say in broadchannelny.com. I once saw a 2002 German and 2003 listed there. I know the actual URL to the message that had a link on another forum was on this forum somewhere...search...search.....I can't remember where. Good Luck.