WM 2003 for MPx200 no longer available

Guest lutzh

Guest awarner [MVP]

English etc is now supported, but remember if you play with this rom you will lose any warranty you have with your phone as you are using a ilegal hacked rom inage.

Guest madds

too bad, by now this should be a second edition release. but sure gave a new life to my power moto. great work.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest neovader

For AT&T Wireless after you update the phone you have to go into:

Settings->Data Connections->Proxy and GPRS and set up the Proxy and GPRS settings.

You can find the settngs for the MPx200 on AT&T Wireless' site, they have visual instructions that work well.

http://www.attws.com

Got mine working fine, even have my phone receiving updates from exchange server 2003 which it wouldn't get before. Before I could sync, but now it will automatically push updates to my phone.

Guest madds

too bad, by now this should be a second edition release. but sure gave a new life to my power moto. great work.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest jonwold

call me stupid, stupid but got the rom updated, downloaded the regedit, ran that but don't see it on the mpx200 to run. How do I run it to edit the registry for english?

Guest nickcornaglia

AGAIN...the fuzziness is ClearType. (An oxymoron, I know). There are solutions to disable it....please read previous pages in this thread for solutions.

Guest edstark

Has anyone had any problems with SIM Cards or SD Cards. I have an error that SIM Manager can't access my SIM Card and I can't seem to find the SD Card in File Manager.

Other than that it seems to work well.

Thanks for any help!

Guest absolutgcs

i'm aware that it is cleartype but people have not specified getting read of cleartype beyond the homescreen (ie: in the menus and in applications)

AGAIN...the fuzziness is ClearType. (An oxymoron, I know). There are solutions to disable it....please read previous pages in this thread for solutions.

Guest devinh
i'm aware that it is cleartype but people have not specified getting read of cleartype beyond the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen (ie: in the menus and in applications)

No, I have only been able to get rid of it on the Homescreen.

It remains on all other menus and as well on the soft key buttons at the bottom of the screen.

The Orange-Shell program does not get rid of it, nor does any other registry hack I can find.

I really hate this fuzzy text stuff.

Guest vonBITS
Got mine working fine, even have my phone receiving updates from exchange server 2003 which it wouldn't get before.  Before I could sync, but now it will automatically push updates to my phone.

How did you manage that? I entered an emailadress which is send directly as an SMS to my mobilé. I'm using German Vodafone D2. Any ideas?

Thanks

C

Guest iraqigeek

I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?

Guest iraqigeek

I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?

Thanks

IraqiGeek

Guest devinh

hehehe, maye you should complain to Motorola about it then :D

Motorola or Microsoft?

btw, did you somehow take offense that I said that?

Guest must50302

i can confirm that the sim manager does not work for t-mobile.it will not read the sim card.i put in a AT&T sim card with some numbers on it and it read that card.i hope there is a fix for that.

Guest simmons21

In WM2003, how do I set the five icons at the top of the start screen? I can't stand them changing to the most recently used applications.

Guest shamo
i can confirm that the sim manager does not work for t-mobile.it will not read the sim card.i put in a AT&T sim card with some numbers on it and it read that card.i hope there is a fix for that.

Hey im having the same prolbem. However when someone calls me the caller ID is read off the sim and displayed properly. Can anyone come up with a solution for the sim manager not working?

Guest furby
I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?

GSM 900 is an option in this rom

Guest vonBITS
I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?I have gone through all the posts. Someone mentioned getting the mpx200 working on vodafone in germany, which should be on GSM900. Can anyone else confirm that the new rom works on GSM900, and doesn't block it?

Thanks

IraqiGeek

Vodafone works on GSM900 does work, even though you can only select 1800 and 1900 in the settings.