Left connected - now completely dead

Guest TANKERx

Guest TANKERx

I turned my desktop PC off last night and forgot that my Smartphone was connected. When I woke up this morning, the thing was dead, completely, and it won't even start up.

Is this terminal? I'm trying the 'No Battery for a Long Time' method mentioned a few times on this forum in the hope that it fixes it, but I would have thought that this Smartphone was smart enough to not die when connected to a PC that's not turned on.

Guest TANKERx

Heh! Not a stupid question at all. I tried recharging but it wouldn't charge.

It has turned out that the take-the-battery-out-for-ages method worked. I left it out for about half an hour and when I put it back in, the phone charged. Because it would only do half a boot, I did a full reset and am now picking up the pieces.

At least I have a phone that works.

Thanks

:-)

Guest KingDaddy

Strange, that's what I had to do last week. I didn't have it connected to the pc though. I just opened it and it was off and wouldn't turn on. This method worked great for me.

Guest RobPowell

half boot only happens to me when battery is totally flat. I leave it to charge for an hour so it has 1/4 charge or whatever then it boots fine :D

Guest maxh2003

Tried charging using the mains adaptor rather than the USB cradle? If the battery is *entirely and completely* flat, then USB charging doesn't work; nothing happens when you drop the phone on the cradle. I speak from experience.....

> take-the-battery-out-for-ages method worked

- possibly this would allow a little residual power to build up, in that way that flat batteries do when removed from an appliance; this might have been enough to let the smartphone charge off USB...?

Guest scott2eyes

Wow- my PC's USB port keeps on charging the phone when the PC is switched off; I only ever use the plug charger when I'm away. I'd just assumed that was a standard USB feature...

#gloats#