ActiveSync Remote Display problem (WM 2003)

Guest mogwai2

Guest mogwai2

Every letter key only cues a '0' character when Im using this to enter text into a field. The F-Keys and numbers work as they should.

I use this everyday to remote into my phone from my work pc, it worked great on SP2002 OS, love WM2k3 but this is a total dealbreaker for me, I cant use messenger w/o it.

Any ideas? Devs who use this tool ever encountered this issue?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's going to be a while before solutions to probems come out

as everyone wanted to jump on the 2003 bandwaggon before thinking about possible problems remember this is not an officail release.

Only suggestion at the moment without using remote display, is to see

if there a version of remote display for 2003?

Guest lutzh

hi,

have you tried to switch input method on your mpx200 and then typo on your pc keyboard?

@awarner: i don't understand why you always have to start you topics/answers regarding this rom with a kind of warning or blaming people who are interested in this upgrade. have you seen how much people have read the thread with the info? can you imagine how much gigabytes on the download server have been created overnight? this update will increase sell of mpx200's again or make those who already bought it (in hope of an official update) even more happy with the device, so you can expect that motorola will be everything else but unhappy with this solution. its taking their costumer responsibility down and you can see that there may be a hand full of people who had problems with the update - because they did not follow the instructions completely and their problems where solved in minutes. no mms availability was mentioned in the first words regarding this rom. also it stops people from selling suspiciouse mpx200's with windows mobile 2003 on ebay - you may have seen this. and: the one who released that rom will take over every kind of needed support. so i see more happy people at the end of the day. please try to understand why that was done!

cheers, lutz

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you have read every post I have written then you would see that I'm

not blaming ppl for using this update.

But I do say that everyone should be warned about possible consequences

caused by installing non authorised software on their phones.

The update is not a legal piece of software and if a serious bug is unveiled (hopefully this will not happen) there may be a lot of people with nice bricks.

Most mpx200 owners will use this update and not worry about

losing their warranty I know I have tried it but that is because as you should know by now deal in troubleshooting for other more inexperianced users.

As I said above, too many people leap before looking at what they are

doing and getting all the facts sorted, that is the only warning I am giving.

I have seen the problems before with the hacked Globe rom

that turned into a nice phone killer and then being having to spend a lot of time in posts,pms and emails sorting peoples problems out.

Guest lutzh

you are absolutly right in this point! most people who end up with a problem simply did not read carefully and end up frustrated.

of course this rom is not an official release and there may be someone thinking about how to stop it.

cheers, lutz

Guest kailes

hey can someone tell me why i can't enter text using the active sync remote display? i can view my screen with no trouble, but can't enter text. any input?

Guest mogwai2

Maybe I wasn't too clear in my first post..

The problem is actually when typing on my PC keyboard, via RemoteDisplay, in any text field on the phone (url entry, email, sms) it only enters the number 0. So i type 'Hello' and on my handset it only inputs 00000.

I've tried fooling w the language setting, swapping between number entry (123, abc, ABC) etc with no luck.

Anyone else out there experimented with a way around this??

If anyone cares to troubleshoot, here's the url for the Developer Powertoys which includes :

ActiveSync Remote Display - Display Pocket PC applications on your desktop or laptop without needing any device side configuration.

among others..

Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys 2003

thanks for not letting this thread die too much, the 2k3 rom is awesome despite this small bug. :P

Guest kailes

yeah I was as clear as mud too. that is my exact problem. i can type fne on the phone, but when I use the keyboard w/ the display, all I get is 0's when I use the keyboard. can you tell I am married and have a bad habit of speaking in code??