13+ MPX's and counting.. My most Choatic One has Come Back!

Guest strugglin

Guest strugglin

this is the story of a man who has had a new mpx200 at least every other month since i purchased it in november last year.

Every once in a while, something non-technical would happen to my phone and i would want a new one. maybe those little sim tongs(those two little plastic things that keep the sim in place) broke; or maybe i dropped it in sand and sand is all in the keypads and no matter how hard i try, its still sandy!

But more often of times i have technical issues; issues that no one, can explain. no tech, no customer service, no att store, no one.

That is why i have come here, to see, if by chance, you can help me.

Maybe is it something i am doing wrong? Or its just bad luck?

Here is a couple of issues that have troubled me till this day:

-------the lcd display has gone haywire and all the numeric and symbols scrolling across it. The lcd might look something like this:

2Üæʚ5Nƽǀ̆o22αì6

̓φ˥ʍÒ㎝7u┐½å«태8

Ü}Օ7ۘæ̑ՕÜ9¥ڙÑ

-----when turning off the phone, at the windows shutdown image, it freezes somehow, and while trying to power off, their are green lines going straight down the screen, not moving, but just froze thier.

you can compare it to the matrix.

Now here i go on with my most recent problem. Actually this happenned wednesday night. This happens to me the most often. the phone gives me symptoms, and at that point i know my phone will be deceased very soon.

Ok, i will explain.

I am driving to my buddies house, phone is working fine. I have the phone charging in my car charger and i am talking on it at the same time.

well, i hang up the phone as im pulling up to my buddies house. i put the phone down, and start to put my ciggarettes in my pocket.

With me so far?

I then turn the car off, open the door, step out the door, turn around, take my cell off the charger, and put it in my pocket.

my buddy walks up to me, i shake his hand, then close the door.

as we walk away from my car, my phone starts making fast paced clicking noises. we both can hear it from my pocket.

I said watch man, i phones gonna break tonite. he started laughing.

This noise, is the noise your mpx200 makes when you change the volume on your phone by using the rotating wheel on the outside of the phone, right by the power on/off button.

well i take my phone out my pocket, flip it open, the volume screen is up and the phone is still clicking fast repeatedly.

the only way to stop the clicking noise is to touch the volume control wheel.

then the noise stops. But as soon as that happens, you get an error message, sim card invalid. when you press ok on the error message, the clicking begins all over again.

so i turn the phone off the normal way. Turn it back on, it comes to the screen and is very slow, i can see the battery having an " ! " mark by it, and the attenta tower has an " X " over it.

now i normally have a sim lock on my phone, so i have to type in the password before accessing it. but the phone throws up my reminders, then after i try to cancel the reminders, my sim unlock thing comes up, and the phone freezes, i cant even power off the normal way.

my only choice is to take out the battery and put it back in.

but as the previous times, the phone turns on by itself.

in the past i have fooled with it so where after a certain amount of times trying to turn it on, the phone expires and dies forever.!!!!

so, i kept it on frozen, this way, i can show the att people, because they always though i was nuts.

well i left it on the charger overnight, but it doesnt matter, because the phone will not charge at all.

so in the morning, i flip it open, but the screen is black, i said wtf! damn it, i wanted to prove it to them.

But by luck when i closed it, i looked at the lcd screen. it was on!

So the phone was turned on, but the screen was not.

i showed it to the att people, they said they dont know why. when she took the battery out to test and see if a new battery would work in it, the lcd screen stayed on! without the battery in it! it stayed on for about 10 seconds, then slowly faded away.

we tried the extra battery but i knew it wouldnt work, because this happens to me all the time.

Anyway, story as it is told, they send me on my way and i order a replacement phone.

It doesnt bother me, its only $5 dollars, which includes shipping and handling for next day air service too.

its friday and i tracked the packege, its already being delivered.

In the past i have been very unfortunate, as i have had to wait a whole week for it to be delivered.

after i left though, i played around with my phone, but i knew what the end result would be, it would be its funeral.

i tried and experimented to see if i could get a miracle and save the phone.

but no luck, after about 8 times, putting the bbattery in and watching the phone turn on by itself and then the startup sound skip like a broken record and then freeze and me have to take the battery out again.

after this, one time it just didnt start at all. no matter what, you can leave it on the charger 17 days and it wont turn on.

you can take the sim card out and it wont turn on.

its deceased, and i would love an explanation.

i feel like i have to preorder a new phone every month.

any comments on this?

Guest jojowasher

Thats quite the story, do you have any problems with other electronics? I have heard stories of people that for some strange reason just can't be around electronics, they have some sort of field around them that screws with electronics.

Jojo

Guest awarner [MVP]
I am driving to my buddies house, phone is working fine.  I have the phone charging in my car charger and i am talking on it at the same time.

first thing safety first then phone calls second :D

Have you tried a Hard Reset to reset the phone?