No sound during call in normal (not handsfree) mode mpx200

Guest sjeemsnl

Guest sjeemsnl

Hey everybody,

I have/had this problem with my mpx200. and wonder if anyone has had this before.

During a normal call the speaker (normal not the handsfree/external) doesn't give any sound. The people on the other side can hear me ok so it must be my speaker.

Sometimes this happens during a call but other times it just starts off like this and sometimes it's just fine.

It seems to help to give a little pressure on the left bottom side (having the flip opened and watching the external lcd) of the flip.

Now the strange thing is that if I put the phone on handsfree (ext. speaker) mode everything seems to be working alright as is the earphone mode.

I tried a hard reset and it seemed to help but the same problem reoccurred after a week.

Could this be a software related problem or do you think this is a hardware (connector etc.) problem? I guess it's not software related because giving a bit of pressure on the flip doesn't sound like something software related.

Well was wondering if someone had heard/seen this behavior before and might be able to tell me what the problem could be.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

(once it's ok again I hope to get the 2003 rom on :D thank you @nonymus)

Guest awarner [MVP]

The only time I see this is when I press the volume control

by mistake. Ok sounds daft but are you sure this is not happening?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjeemsnl

Hi nope afraid not,....

Just back from a vacation... and I took the phone back to the strore the day before I left...

I will pick it up tomorrow and I might hear what the problem was but they probably didn't look at it and just sent a new one to the shop..

Thanx for your reply and sorry I couldn't answer before but well I couldn't get online without my Mpx :P

Greetz,

James

Guest sjeemsnl

same as I did.

Will pick up my new/fixed phone in an hour... Can't wait :P

still curious what the cause is of this problem... But I probably won't find out as they usualy just send a new one back to the shop...