MPX-200 w/ WM2003 and T-Mobile SIM Card Poll

Guest chudy

Guest chudy

I am one of the unfortunate people who's sim card doesnt seem to work on my newly flashed MPX200 WM2k3 setup....

I know there is a bunch of different sim cards that T-Mo had over time so I'd like to figure out if there is a specific SIM card type thats giving us problems or not....

below should be a poll...

My sim card is all white on the front and says EONS along with a serial number...and I am having Sim Manager problems with it...I upgraded from my old Omnipoint card about a year ago...

Guest lilking

What kind of problems are you having? I have T-Mobile USA and everything works great on my Motorola mxp200 with Smartphone2003. Took me some time to figure out the settings but I have it working. And now have installed the sprite backup so I don't have to redo it all again after flashes.

I'm using a T-mobile EONS SIm card it seems.

Guest chudy

bummer....seems like there is no rythm or rhyme to the sim card issues...an ATT guy in the main WM2k3 thread is also reporting sim issues....

I will play around with my phone tonight and try to figure out what might be going on..

Guest chudy

k, i finally got my phone to copy the sim card contacts....worked twice for me so maybe its not a fluke and the same procedure will work for others.....

1. turn phone on...

2. put phone in flight mode...

3. turn phone off...

4. turn phone on...

5. disable flight mode...

(Note: once I do that my phone goes into an infinite search mode, displaying Searching... for provider name, this is fine for getting your contacts)

6. run Sim Manager...

7. turn off/on the phone again...

btw, to get the flight mode option, you need to press and shortly hold the power button (obviously shorter than it takes to turn the phone off :D)

lemme know if this helps anyone...

cheers,

chudy

Guest DarkJedi
k, i finally got my phone to copy the sim card contacts....worked twice for me so maybe its not a fluke and the same procedure will work for others.....

1. turn phone on...

3. turn phone off...

4. turn phone on...

(Note: once I do that my phone goes into an infinite http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search mode, displaying Searching... for provider name, this is fine for getting your contacts)

6. run Sim Manager...

btw, to get the flight mode option, you need to press and shortly hold the power button (obviously shorter than it takes to turn the phone off :lol:)

cheers,

chudy

dude, you totally rock, and this works :D. thanks man :D much appreciated!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jchiano
btw, to get the flight mode option, you need to press and shortly hold the power button (obviously shorter than it takes to turn the phone off :P)

you can also hold the home key too and get to the same menu

Guest junior2377

i don't know what sim it was for tmobile... but it was a white sim... that's all i can tell you right now.. but it worked in my MPx200... i didn't try t-zones or anything... when i get a chance with the sim again i will try it out for you

Guest CoolBeans

1. turn phone on...

3. turn phone off...

4. turn phone on...

(Note: once I do that my phone goes into an infinite <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search</a> mode, displaying Searching... for provider name, this is fine for getting your contacts)

6. run Sim Manager...

btw, to get the flight mode option, you need to press and shortly hold the power button (obviously shorter than it takes to turn the phone off :P)

cheers,

chudy

Hmm, it didn't seem to work for me. I'm gonna give it another shot, maybe it will work since its working for others.