Photos Taken with MPx220 and it Records Video in 3G!

Guest Brody

Guest mmystery

Well.....

let's hope that the image quality in the final release of the MPx220

will be a lot better!!!

I don't want some other phones that are already on the market to have superior quality of their pics!!! :D

But I think that motorola will satisfy us.... a lot! :P

Hey, while recording on the MPx220, does anybody knows -approximately- how many minutes of AVI with sound can record??

Guest VapoTrini
I reckon the final camera will look like that, if they have that many 220's in production now i think its unlikely they'll change the camera chip at the very last minute (without further delays).

I disagree. There are just too many rumours circulating that the reason the phone hasn't be released yet is because Moto are trying to improve the photo quality. That and the fact that Bengalboy who has an MPX, recently received a rom update and his photos have improved significantly.

Mark my words, no way in the world the photos stay like that.

Guest Brody
Hey, while recording on the MPx220, does anybody knows -approximately- how many minutes of AVI with sound can record??

As the title suggests it records to 3GP format not AVI and i'd imagine it'll be like the E200 and only be restricted in terms of video length by the amount of storage space that you have free.

Guest TANKERx

Without wanting to use a rude word, you could always download the free Nokia media player to play 3PG files on your PC.... but doesn't Real and QuickTime support these also?

If past performance by the networks is anything to go by, the limit will not be imposed by the Smartphone but by the operators who want you to send the video over MMS and so the limit will be 100K (and the amount of video you can store in there depends on how 'busy' your recording is).

Guest Exodia

Sh!tty pic quality, no avi or mpeg recording, couple those with all the other bad things and thats the nail in the coffin for the mpx220. IMHO :P

Guest refnulf

I know one thing though, I'm not going to get any of these phones till the people in our smartphone/pocket pc community actually start posting reviews on production versions.

And then maybe I'll wait another month :P

Should be safe enough by then. I still really want the mpx. So I hope all those rumours about the crippled memory being released isn't true.

And if I can't that first, then I hope the mpx220 comes out decent. I don't really care for the camera, but I hope that the screen isn't that small in the production version. I mean, damn. They can't go making it smaller than the E200. LOL

Guest markdotpeters5

The pic might get better, but if the video's like the sample on msmobiles.com, then i'll leave well alone, thanks!

Guest mugenakuma

yea im not impressed at all with this picture quality. I got my mom a LG VX6000 that takes pics WAY better.

I am currently an mpx200 owner and at this point cant justify buying the mpx220 if it's digi cam quality is this poor.

Oh well lets see the reviews.

Guest Simon Desser

I'd like both :P

Avi's are good for watching on your PC, and emailing people (although they can get quite big)

BUT, 3GP shouldn't even be in debate :? It's the industry standard when it comes to MMS messaging, so I can't believe that a phone like the E200 could have ever been released without the option to record in 3gp :?

I never doubted that Motorola would release a camera smartphone without it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if HTC/Orange "overlooked" this handy little feature on the C500 :?: :cry:

It looks like my wish might have been granted with the C500 8)

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=111488

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.