MoDaCo, Florin, MPx200, Smartphone appreciation thread :)

Guest metric

Guest metric

Just dropping in as an extremely satisfied customer! My mum was due for an upgrade but happy with her 3510i ( :P ), she's on Orange so she said I could check for a new phone for me. I saw MPx200 at £ZERO, saw Florin's thread, thought 'hmm, £20 smartphone, niiiice'. The phone came today, and within minutes the phone was up and running on O2. 8)

Just playing with it at the moment... I'm feeling the 2003 @nonymous upgrade may be in order. Overall the benefits of the upgrade seem to outweigh the drawbacks. I've got the 2002 (non-Orange) rom anyway so I could go back to that if need be.

It's a massive step up from my old Samsung S300 (which is now my sister's once I move the contacts over). The manly black 'n silver is better than the petite silver I'm handing down (tho I will miss forgetting about it in my pocket).

On the shopping list now is a 256mb fast SD, and that DVD to Smartphone tool (geek factor 10).

Is it possible to remove the horrid Orange logo from the casing (below the zero)? I've heard it is on other phones using nail varnish remover.

Guest metric

Cheers guys.

I tried the acetone on a prehistoric phone (Ericsson A2618s) and the Orange logo on that seems thinner - but doesn't budge. So long as the finish isn't affected on the Motorola I might just give it a go anyway.

In other news, I did the @nonymous 2003 upgrade ... Excellent but I'm going to try and search the ROM image for the Cartman and 'extended by MS' boot logos. I'm sure it won't be easy to replace but I'll give it a bash (obviously reporting back here!)

Also going to try my hand at some home screens. I've done some skinning/theme-ing before (google for 'mambo bassnote' for a CMS UI I did) so a new blank canvas sounds like fun. Does anyone know any good starting points? (I've just installed the MS theme generator)