Guest drblow

[211]Opera_Bluebutton.gif

File Name :: Opera Bluebutton

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

AUTHOR

DrBlow.

Credit must also be given to the original author of the Opera 7 Blue Buttons skin Christian Krebs. Thanks very much to him for permission to use elements of his Opera skin (visit http://my.opera.com/aleto/skins for more Opera skins by Christian).

Also thanks to Midnight, for letting me use the html plugin time/date features, and for encoding it so everybody can have a go!! :P

And thanks also to Crafty, for letting me pinch all his great xml ideas from iCandy!!

Cheers fellas!! :wink:

FEATURES

Multiple CAB installers - locked/unlocked ENCRYPTED versions (containing ENC in the cab title) for all users / locked/unlocked version without encryption for Modaco Plus members.

RJHtml plugin gives you time/date & world time (a la midnights MSN theme), and also contains a notes page. Rubbish idea really, but I find it handy for shopping lists etc which are too big to display in reminders/tasks plugin! :D

Orange e200 shortcuts plugin gives you one click access to just about everything on your phone from the homescreen! Also, Oxios Tasks plugin and RJtime plugin.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Choose the CAB file suitable for your phone - non plus members must first of all download the RJHtml plugin fromTHIS THREAD

Then select the CAB you want (locked contains no extra screens and will install on any e200 - unlocked contains all extra screens and will only install on decertified phones).

Modaco Plus members can choose between locked & unlocked versions - but can use the RJHtml plugin for Plus only. If you have not already got it installed (then why not!! :lol: ) get it IN THIS THREAD.

COMMENTS

You will also need to have installed the Media Player plugin (HERE), the Oxios tasks plugin (HERE), and the RJtime plugin (HERE).

There may be a few discrepancies between the screenshots in this thread & the actual version - very minor but slightly better obv., but I really couldn't face doing the animated gif again!! It's about 150 frames you know! :twisted:

I have included in the CAB file a set of folder icons, which you can see in the programs menu on the screenshot. If anybody wants to use them I'll post a list of the icon numbers as soon as I get it ready.

I reckon thats about it! This is the first theme I've done with all the extra screens included in a CAB! So I hope you enjoy it. :D

**UPDATED 24/07/04** OK - I have done a version using the RJshortcut plugin (available HERE), so it should work with all SP2002 devices! The layout is slightly different, but it maintains the look and feel of the original. Any comments are welcome as this should be an easy theme to modify! :D

I've only been able to test it on my e200, but it should be compatible with SPV/e200/mpx200. Obviously you'll need to install all the same plugins as above.

Again, there's 2 versions here -

operaUnlocked2002ENC.cab (for non plus members using the free RJhtml plugin

operaUnlocked2002.cab (for plus members only using the plus only RJhtml plugin)

Both have all extra screens included, so your phone will need to be decertified.

OK - enjoy! :D Oh, & let me know if it works!! :wink: 8)

**UPDATED 26/07/04** OK, I have removed the 2002 CAB files coz they just don't seem to be working for anybody! :( Sorry 'bout that, and cheers for the testing guys!

I have attatched a zip file that includes the necessary files for just the homescreen (no extra screens) for 2002 devices. This one is for the free public version of the rjhtml plugin, and also requires rjtime, rjshortcuts, oxios tasks & mediaplayer plugins.

Could somebody copy the contents of the zip into their IPSMApplication DataHome folder, and see if just the homescreen works?? :shock: At least that way I can tell if the actual homescreen xml isn't right for 2002, or if it's just the cab. There will be no worries about damaging you phone if this doesn't work! If it don't, the homescreen will just not show up, but it wont affect anybody's volume screen or anything! :oops:

**UPDATED 27/07/04** Well, I've had to remove all trace of the 200 version coz it just don't seem to work! :evil: It's tricky not having a phone to test on. I'll keep trying, and will post the results as soon as I get it working. Sorry 'bout that - and thanks to all for help with testing! :D

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 2:04 pm

View File

Guest drblow

thanks m8! glad you like it. just noticed that the animated screenshot works when viewing on the phone! quality! :0)Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest stevo_knuckles

Hi Dr Blow. Just wanted to say fantastic homescreen. Just installed it on my e200 and it looks great. Just have one little question regarding the RJ time plugin. On my homescreen it appears to be sitting in the wrong place? Sorry I can't attach a screenshot as to be honest I don't know what I need to do that but the time is showing (if you look at your animated gif above of the theme) between where it says Orange and oxios task plugin? And my operator is showing where the oxios task plugin should be and not where yours says Orange? Hope that makes sense.

I'm not 100% sure this is just something with my phone and I need to change something or there is a "glitch" with the homescreen in general?

Any suggestions greatly received

EDIT: forgot to add it was the operaunlocked.cab version

Guest drblow

em ... not quite sure what you mean. do you get the background image, as in the screenshot? have you installed all the necessary plugins? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest drblow

em ... not quite sure what you mean. do you get the background image, as in the screenshot? have you installed all the necessary plugins? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest stevo_knuckles

Here is a quick pic of what I mean. I have installed all the plugins. I rebooted the phone in case it was that and even switched themes and then back again but this is what I get? Everything else look sfine and I get all the background images etc but its just seems a miss alignment of the operator and time for me?

Any thoughts what could be causing it?

Thanks Steve

my example1.jpeg

Guest badboy4life

Do you have any tasks in your task list? I know there was a problem with one of drblow's other homescreens with the Oxios task plug-in, that if no tasks are present the plug-in appears not to be visible and then mis-aligning the other information.

Guest stevo_knuckles

worth a try I will give that a go and add a task nowand see if it makes a difference

EDIT: tried that and it doesn't seem to make a difference, thanks for the suggestion though. Even though I have oxios on the phone its not showing on the homescreen due to what is happening with the other bits in the picture I added in my previous post.

Guest drblow

so essentially the problem is that you dont have the oxios tasks plugin showing? if so, have you DLed the latest version from oxios? or try reinstalling it? it shouldnt be the no task thing coz i'm sure i fixed that. anybody else having this problem? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest stevo_knuckles

All sorted Dr Blow. I had downloaded the latest version from oxios so I took your advice I uninstalled oxios and the homescreen just to start from fresh again. Re installed both again and it seems to have sorted itself now. Thanks for your help. Well worth the effort of sorting it out as it looks very good on the phone.

Guest furby
Just a quick note... When I power off the phone, the screen says "Swtiching off"..

edit/ didn't notice the mispell

Nice theme dr blow, looks great

Guest drblow

I think mawold is referring to my terrible spelling - which I have now corrected! :oops: I've updated the 2 unlocked CAB files, but I also added just the 2 necessary shutdown images in a zip - to save all the bother of having to re-install the theme. Just copy the 2 images in the zip file into StorageApplication DataHomeOpera, then reboot. Thanks for pointing that out mawold! :wink:

All sorted Dr Blow.
Cool! :wink:

what is the choice for MoDaCo Plus members DrBlow?

Just between locked/unlocked phone formats - i.e locked contains no extra screens so will install on any e200 / unlocked contains extra screens so requires the phone to be decertified first.

hi it's a bit embarassing but wot are these file for: operalocked, unlocked, encunlocked, enclocked.

em ... they're the CAB files which will install the theme. There are different formats beacuse there are different versions of the RJHtml plugin - a full version for Modaco PLus members only, and an encrypted public version. Sorry - I probably should have made that clearer from the start! :oops:

operalocked = theme using the PLUS ONLY Html plugin, with no extra screens (suitable for certification 'locked' phones)

operaunlocked = theme using the PLUS ONLY Html plugin, with extra screens (suitable for decertified phones)

operaENClocked = theme using the PUBLIC Html plugin, with no extra screens (suitable for certification 'locked' phones)

operaENCUnlocked = theme using the PUBLIC Html plugin, with extra screens (suitable for decertified phones)

To install the theme just select which CAB file you want/suits your device, copy it to the phone using activesync, then click it! :P

Excellent home screen drblow!

Dumb question though - I guess if I don't have an e200 then I can't access the Orange shortcuts plugin? (I have an i-mate SP2 with latest ROM). Is there a version that does not rely on the Orange shortcuts plugin?

ok - thanks :D. Last (and obvious) question then - in your opinion, is it worth flashing the Orange e200 ROM onto my i-mate SP2? Will this cause any problems or be any different (aside from being able to use your homescreen :P). Thanks for time!

Guest drblow

Dunno - I was going to suggest that! If you have the original I-mate ROM, then I don't see any reason why not to try it out - check out the latest Orange ROM for e200. If it goes wrong, or you don't like it, you can always change back again - and in my experience, any problems with the Orange ROM would be greatly outweighed by the advantage of having the homescreen plugin. I'm lost as to where thibgs are on my phone without it! :wink:

Guest jamby

[qoute]

operalocked = theme using the PLUS ONLY Html plugin, with no extra screens (suitable for certification 'locked' phones)

operaunlocked = theme using the PLUS ONLY Html plugin, with extra screens (suitable for decertified phones)

operaENClocked = theme using the PUBLIC Html plugin, with no extra screens (suitable for certification 'locked' phones)

operaENCUnlocked = theme using the PUBLIC Html plugin, with extra screens (suitable for decertified phones)

To install the theme just select which CAB file you want/suits your device, copy it to the phone using activesync, then click it! :P

Guest drblow

it does say in the 1st post that this theme is for Orange e200 only. thats because it relies heavily on the orange shortcuts plugin which only appears on the e200. i could do a version for e100 etc, but it would lose all the functionality, and some graphics - the e100 version of the shortcuts does not support the changing icons. if there is demand for it i can make one, but it would be quite different, & really only be graphically similar. plus i dont have an e100 to test it on! any volunteers? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.