SPV C500 Review in What Cellphone Magazine

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Jakob

Well, the C500 is supposed to cost 2499kr ~ 333€ sim-locked sold with a ½ year subscription. If you´ve been using Orange network for more than 6 months, then you extend your subscription with another 6 months - resulting in at least 1800kr ~ 240€ ..

Which basically means that you can buy the C500 for 240+333 = 577€ in DK.

/Jakob

Guest InMovil

Thaks Jakob, nice information, 577€ seems to be a reasonable price for the first weeks of release... anyway Denmark is a expensive country compared to other european countries and i guess (and hope) french price would be less, 400 to 500 € might be a more reasonable price but that is in ORANGE hands.

Guest Pagemakers
What counts, and whether I stick with a MS smartphone at all is how well the OS works.  Sick of typing a SMS and a egg timer appering, sick of T9 problems.  When someone can give definitive answers on these current bugbears then we can enter into 'my handset's bigger than yous' debates.

I asked Mr O if the T9 bugs had been fixed in the C500 and he said he didn't know and would get back to me.....MR O ARE THEY FIXED?

The T9 lost words issue for me is the biggest failing of the SPV to date.

Guest Simon Desser
I asked Mr O if the T9 bugs had been fixed in the C500 and he said he didn't know and would get back to me.....MR O ARE THEY FIXED?

The T9 lost words issue for me is the biggest failing of the SPV to date.

But he was ONLY the head of handset development at Orange (or something like that) making regular trips to HTC in Taiwan, he can't be expected to know if they've fixed the t9 bug :P :D :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest fozzie

What a surprise - Pagemakers shouting and whinging again. How constructive! :roll:

Guest Pagemakers

What a surprise - Pagemakers shouting and whinging again. How constructive! :roll:

Fozzie get a life. Your comments are not always the most constructive either.

For your benefit I will re-phrase my question.

"mr o are they fixed yet"?

There was that quiet and nice and cuddly enough for you?

Guest rhaleuk

Hhhm, I actually think its nice to see a handset in black. And Orange does seem to try and give off a professional image - which black kindof adheres to more. Each to their own though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.