CSD wap settings on WM2003

Guest metric

Guest metric

Hi all,

Loving the MPx2003 (as I've christened mine :wink: ), but stil can't get a major part of it to function. Namely: WAP/Internet. I can't get it to work out of the cradle (using the PC's DSL connection was fine - think that was before the upgrade from 2002 to 2003 tho).

I've gone through loads of WAP-capable phones bought out of contract (get bored with my phone more than the 12 month contracted boredom term - so not much choice!)... So I practically know the settings by heart (O2 UK). But the Data Connections / Internet Explorer configuration is so confusing! I don't know what to enter where, because of the wealth of scenarios the phone may be used in.

This will obviously be a rare set of circumstances as most of you will probably have GPRS with your tariff and bought your phone with your provider. Alas, I am on a CSD (plain old dial up, unlimited wap and sms) tariff and it was pre-configured for another network.

Main questions: where do I put in my WAP settings? I think as a dial up connection, but I read also I need to set up a proxy separately? I have to enter an IP address somewhere but there is no obvious place for this in the dialog boxes?!

I'd love it if someone could point me in the direction of some advice or a tutorial. I've tried searching the forums and google and windowsmobile.com - nothing seems much help.

I wish Windows Mobile had shared a key feature of desktop Windows versions since 95 - wizards. Never had so much confusion setting up WAP on a phone as this one!

Thanks in advance 8)

Guest martin

metric

Have a look at this O2 SP2003 post by serialkillazzs

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=388377#388377

Although there are a couple of things in it that I'm not sure if they are mistypes or whether they would work. Try it out and give feedback so it can be change if needed :P

(note: this above link is based on O2 prepaid so if you are on contract you would create 2 GPRS conenctions instead - one for the GPRS internet APN and one for the GPRS WAP APN).

If you have any problems try the following changes.

proxy 193.113.200.195:8080

Settings/data connections:=

Internet connection: o2 CSD

WAP connection: o2 WAP

Internet explorer/options/connections:=

Automatically detect settings= untick

Select network: Wap network (for GPRS) or The Internet (for GSM CSD)

Guest metric

thanks for the reply!

Would you believe it, after i posted I went to have one last stab at the settings to make sure I hadn't forgotten something obvious. In the end, I figured it out!

The settings I put in myself were fine except that I had put the proxy IP as the domain for the dial up login. No wonder it didn't work!

It's working fine now. Not sure if MMS works over CSD (never tried), but its kind of a moot point seeing as the @nonymous software does not have an MMS client.

Spent some time experimenting with various websites (theinq.net redirects to a pocket version which was nice :P , theregister.co.uk takes an age to load and the pocket version is subscription only :D ). I love that my site (dyl.uni.cc, www.freepgs.com/bassnote sans frames) looks radically different (yet workable) under IE on windows mobile.

Overall, pleasantly surprised 8)