Wm2003 battery life / hard reset

Guest pkitch

Guest pkitch

I am also experiencing poor battery life, 12-18 hours from 100% to dead at max with moderate use, certainly less than with 2002.

I've read a few times about doing the hard reset and likely will do this, but my question is how does this fix the battery issue? Is the hard reset fixing program/configuraton bugs? In other words, if I reset, then restore from Sprite Backup - am I going to restore whatever the issue is causing the battery issue?

I'll re-post when I have done this with my experiences.

Guest martin

The idea is to FULLY re-charge your battery and then do a hard reset.

It must somehow pickup information on optimum battery level during initialisation but some people claim it works and others say it didn't make a difference. The jury is still out :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Charge your battery to full then do a Hard Reset.

It appears that the phone calibrates the battery level after a reset. The problem seems to be OS related rather than

caused by applications you install.

Guest pkitch

OK. I have done the full battery hard reset, and unfortunately this issue is definitely not resolved and if anything seems worse. I did the reset and restore obviously at 100% this at about 11.30am. By 6.00pm I am getting the low battery warning 33% with maybe 5mins call time and 10 mins data use.

I also unistalled xbar incase this was running cycles in the background and was the cuplrit so I think I've ruled this out.

I am thinking that maybe the GPRS is permanently on, I have the email set to check every 2 hrs but is ver inconsistent in it's actual retieval. Also, if I was connected all this time, I would not receive voice calls if connected to GPRS?

Overall I love the 2003 (thanks @nonymus), but this and the constant screen shut off and revering to home screen is killing me. If I get the battery issue resolved, great, if not I am flashing back to 2002.

Anyone any other suggestions?

Guest beersoft

one thing you might want to try is setting the idle disconnect timeout to something like 1 minute or 5 minuites, this is set in settings > data connections > options

one thing you should know is that for every minuite of gprs connection time (thats with the little g by the singal meter) you use 20 - 40 minuites of standby time, the same is true for calls and processor intensive applications and games.

things that can also affect battery life are signal strength and cell changes, my example is: if i stay at home all day, where i get good signal my battery life is a lot better than when i go to my office which has less signal and also is on the edge of 3 cell sites.

if they don't help, run my battery monitor app for a day or 2 and pm me the file it creates in storage>program files> battery monitor>batterymonitor.csv

later

Owen