MPX 200 and reception?

Guest hbk5585

Guest hbk5585

Hi! I am new to the board and I am getting a new MPX 200 and I have heard many different things about the reception. So, for those of you that have ATT GSM, how is the reception with yours? Can you get a signal indoors or is really THAT bad....

Any input would be appreciated....and where you live would also be appreciated....I live in the NY area (Long Island to be exact)

Thanks

Hbk5585

Guest beersoft

hi and welcome to the site :P

i found with my mpx200 that sometimes the recption is a bit on the weak side,

i have found 4 pubs that it doesn't work in and reception is a bit iffy in any house built before 1800.

this might be due to drinking in old country pubs in the sticks with 2 foot thick stone walls :S

later

Owen

Guest martin

Welcome hbk5585

If you are using AT&T/CINGULAR then might be better waiting for the MPX220 which is quad band and therefore includes GSM 850.

The MPX200 is only tri band which is GSM 900/1800/1900.

Guest Uniekcreation

I've had my phone for like 7 months now. The reception is good for the most part, but in basement areas, or any underground areas, expect not to have service.

Guest soundoff

I have had my phone just short of two months and I am very disappointed in the reception. I have a work phone-Nokia 6360 not on the GSM network and it gets far superior reception in my office and at home

Guest aliensix

Yeah the mpx200's reception is generally poor underground/basement or areas where the particular network's signal isn't very strong.