Does the WM2003 update allow the MPx200 to use SDIO?

Guest esc76

Guest esc76

I've never really read a definitive answer to whether the MPx200 has an SDIO slot.

But in any case, does the WM2003 os allow for the use of SDIO cards, and if so, is a WM2003 updated MPx200 phone cappable of using an SDIO wifi card?

Thanks folks.

And HUGE thanks to @nonymus for the job well done. You rock :!:

Guest acepilot74
I've never really read a definitive answer to whether the MPx200 has an SDIO slot.

But in any case, does the WM2003 os allow for the use of SDIO cards, and if so, is a WM2003 updated MPx200 phone cappable of using an SDIO wifi card?

Thanks folks.

And HUGE thanks to @nonymus for the job well done.  You rock :!:

Hardware-wise, the SDIO slot on the MPx200 is SDIO, but for it to be enabled, you have to have a ROM which has the feature enabled.

The unbranded SP2002 ROM that was available on-line several months back had SDIO enabled; @nonymus' SP2003 ROM has it enabled as well . I was able to use the SDIO camera that Gaborvision made for the MPx200 on both the ROMs.

With regards to a SDIO WiFi card, you'll need the drivers and software in order to make it work (which you should get from the WiFi card's manufacturer).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

The phone does not have the support for BT ot WiFi at the moment and it's questionable if they will ever be.

but we live in hope :P