Updated to 2003 - now roaming indicator is constantly on!

Guest kmsint

Guest kmsint

I was having issues with battery life, but after 3 hard resets I think I'm OK with that! But my roaming indicator (the triangle) is constantly on. Will this affect anything, and will this drain my battery faster?

Guest Navec245

My GRPS signal (the one over the signal) stays on. Also, The large G swhich signals service is available does not appear after rebooting. I still get the internet, but once I do the little G remains (I have it set to disconnect after 5 minutes). Any help is appreciated.

Guest awarner [MVP]
My GRPS signal (the one over the signal) stays on.  Also, The large G swhich signals service is available does not appear after rebooting.  I still get the internet, but once I do the little G remains (I have it set to disconnect after 5 minutes).  Any help is appreciated.

This is how 2002 works and is normal on the MPX200 it was only with the

first version of 2003 on the mpx200 and HTC phones that have the G on

constantly. This does not mean you are using GPRS but only that it is enabled.

Guest Navec245

Are we both speaking of the little G over the signal indicators? Also, I downloaded the second 2003 ROM, Please clarify and thanks awarner!

Guest mutts

I have the little "G" over the signal strenght on all the time.

IS there a way to remove this?

Havent applied the GMS fix yet.

Robb

'97 Firestorm

Guest Gregg

I have the same problem, i updated to 2003 last night and now I always have a 'g' above the aerial plus a large 'G' in the middle of the outside display. I know the large G refers to the user being in a GPRS area but I'm worried that the other means I'm connected when I dont want to be. Does everyone with 2003 have the little 'g' on their aerial all the time?

Guest mutts
Turn it off manually by hitting the red phone disconnect button.

Tried that, still have the G over the signal indicator on the outside display, but that does that indicate that GPRS is available, no G over the signal indicator when open the Phone, just the G in the middle of the display.

Robb

Guest fauno

Some in mine after 2003 upgrade. I've solved it like in my old SPV200. Install Shell-Orange from smartease.net and use the "disallow" option for permanent Gprs connections. This drop gprs "G" over the signal after you finish the connection.

Hope it helps.

Guest mutts

Think it must be working right, since i dont have a G over the signal indicator when i open the phone. just the G in the middle.

Robb