text messaging?

Guest hbk5585

Guest hbk5585

I just put in WM2003 and now I do not get any text messages....did i do something wrong or is this a drawback of WM 2003?

If anyone knows...an answer would be greatly appreciated

Hbk5585

Guest hbk5585

Thanks, I tried sending myself one and when I do it says "The following errors have occured when sending and recieving mail: Your SMS message has not been sent. Verify that you have network coverage and then try sending the message again."

I don't understand that considering I am able to make and recieve calls and stuff, is it maybe because I just got the phone and ATT service yesterday?

Peace

Hbk5585

Guest hbk5585

Thanks...that was what it was (sort of)....now it says message sent but it doesn"t actually go through to the person I sent it to, and they send me messages but I never get them....I have no idea what I am doing wrong, maybe it is my phone.

Any other suggestions....maybe another version of WM (2002 or 2003)....I don't know anymore

Peace

Hbk5585

Guest bradmatejo

If I remember correctly, when I first got text messaging added to my ATT plan, it didn't work straight away. I called them about it, and the account apparently has some sort of text messaging "switch" that had not been flipped as it should have. Cust service rep flipped it and it worked from then on. If this is a brand new ATT plan, that could be the problem. But whatever you do, do NOT tell them you put the new rom on your phone. Chances are, the rep won't understand what you're talking about, but if they do you'll be up a creek since they don't support WM2003 on MPx200.

Guest jonmayes

on a slightly different note, is there any way to make the t9 text input default to sentence case rather than lowercase on WM2003? it used to do it this way on 2002.. maybe requires a registry change or something?

if you don't know what i mean

Hey. How's it going? Good. :P

thanks