50,000 MoDaCo Members!!!!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

50,000 MoDaCo Members 8) 8) 8)

Welll done to Paul, and everyone involved :!:

[Edit by Paul: WOOHOO! I thought this was worthy of moving to news ;-)]

Guest drblow

does this mean that we are no longer a 'small voice' in the smartphone world? maybe some of the phone manufacturers/network providers will pay a bit more attention to comments here as modaco is clearly 'the' smartphone site! many congrats to Paul & all the mods, and to the dedicated friendly users that make this the thriving community it is! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Brody

50,000 and growing! It's great to see the community thriving and its bound to grow even more with the introduction of the new devices! Congrats Paul :P

Guest Paul [MVP]

Woohoo! Thanks to all YOU guys for making the site such a success!

A great competition coming up VERY soon btw ;-)

And yes, people in the Smartphone world are FINALLY starting to listen...

P

Guest A.Hughes

Does that entitle you to a pension Paul?!?!?

Only Kidding Congrats and thanks for this site its like my right arm, well nearly!!! :P :D :lol: :D

Guest Vector

This community is growing faster and faster, here's to 500,000! :D

And by the way, lets have a few more people in the chat room, just click the "chat" link at the top of this page :P

Guest Crispy

Just for the fun of it I calculated some modaco member stats:

79,43% of the forum members have 0 posts :!:

85,45% of the forum members have 0 or 1 posts

4,52% of the forum members have 10 posts or above

0,66% of the forum members have 100 posts or above

36 of the forum members have 800 posts or above (hehe)

30 of the forum members have 1000 posts or above

3 of the forum members have 5000 posts or above

... and there's awarner with his braindead postcount of 8789 :wink:

Guest martin

Congratulations MoDs-and-Co :D

Well done Paul on maintaining a fantastic (and very busy) site and we look forward to an even greater MoDaCo in the future.

=D>

Competition time - Yummy :P

Guest InMovil

50,000 members,,, thats the population of a small city :P, anyway iguess there are more readers than that, like myself just some days ago.

Happy 50,000 members aniversary MODACO!!!!!!!!

Guest shaun

Well done Paul. Modaco is a great resource, and 50,000 members is a huge achievement.

But how can we (as a community) leverage this potential power? I for one get really fed up with Orange’s apparent silence on everything.

I suspect that up until now that Paul and the Modaco team have had to play it carefully with Orange, building relationships, gaining trust, and securing communication lines. But at some point in the future whether it is 50,000 members or 500,000 members we will have a voice and we will start to matter

Paul, why not e-mail every member and ask them to tell you the value of their last Orange bill. Let’s say 30k are on Orange and the average bill is £30 a month – That’s £900k a month income to Orange, or just short of £11m a year. Is that sort of income interesting to Orange? If we as a community could organise maybe we could start putting some pressure on Orange to be more open and collaborative. It just begs the a few questions, with this sort of concentrated user input;

o Why do we not have a member of the Orange Smart phone product marketing team answering questions and openly getting involved in this community?

o Why don’t the Modaco team test every hand set as part of the development process?

o Why isn’t Orange using this resource as part of their market research program? (Maybe they are!)

o Why the more or less total silence from Orange

o Why do orange think most of us are too stupid to own a M1000 (XDA equivalent) – when O2 do not think there normal customers are too stupid?

I am not anti Orange, I have been a loyal customer since the month they launched (nearly 10 years) but they have got to start to get involved with their customers. Individually they can treat us with contempt, but together we could make an impact.

Well done Paul – but remember with great power comes great responsibility my son :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]
Well done Paul.  Modaco is a great resource, and 50,000 members is a huge achievement.  

But how can we (as a community) leverage this potential power?  I for one get really fed up with Orange’s apparent silence on everything.

I suspect that up until now that Paul and the Modaco team have had to play it carefully with Orange, building relationships, gaining trust, and securing communication lines.  But at some point in the future whether it is 50,000 members or 500,000 members we will have a voice and we will start to matter

Paul, why not e-mail every member and ask them to tell you the value of their last Orange bill.  Let’s say 30k are on Orange and the average bill is £30 a month – That’s £900k a month income to Orange, or just short of £11m a year.  Is that sort of income interesting to Orange? If we as a community could organise maybe we could start putting some pressure on Orange to be more open and collaborative.  It just begs the a few questions, with this sort of concentrated user input;

I see what you're saying, but at the end of the day, I know a fair bit about Orange, and I strongly feel it simply would not work.

This is why the GPRS petition has gone nowhere, we're pretty big, but not big enough. In addition, although some people in Orange appreciate what we have done for Smartphone, a lot think THEY are helping US out... :-|

o Why do we not have a member of the Orange Smart phone product marketing team answering questions and openly getting involved in this community?

See below!

o Why don’t the Modaco team test every hand set as part of the   development process?
Absolutely not through lack of trying, i've tried and tried and tried to tell Orange it's what is needed, and again, some people in Orange agree, but the powers that be can't make it happen :D

o Why isn’t Orange using this resource as part of their market research program? (Maybe they are!)

They are :P

o Why the more or less total silence from Orange
We're working on that, a new 'Mr Orange' will be joining us soon, with a more formal commitment.

o Why do orange think most of us are too stupid to own a M1000 (XDA equivalent) – when O2 do not think there normal customers are too stupid?

That situation is now changed :D

I am not anti Orange, I have been a loyal customer since the month they launched (nearly 10 years) but they have got to start to get involved with their customers.  Individually they can treat us with contempt, but together we could make an impact.

Well done Paul – but remember with great power comes great responsibility my son :wink:

I too have been a long time subscriber (my account number is 793xxx, I was one of the first million), but Orange aren't the company they were.

I really hope they can do right by me personally, only time will tell, I think things will truly get interesting when they have rivals in the UK Smartphone market.

Interesting times ahead...

:lol:

P

Guest afroahmed

hey guys...well done on the 50,000 members. I think a giveaway is in order :P . im bieng serious, maybe making a new games / new homescreen and making it free for all members?

Guest shaun

Thanks for the reply Paul, that is great news.

It looks like you are chipping away at the Orange management culture. I can't disagree on anything you have said, you only really know how to change things when you understand what you are up against - and to be fair I have not got any inside knowledge of Orange.

All I want from Orange is desent coverage, value for money and as a loyal long term customer to be treated with a bit of respect.

Simple things like give better upgrade deals to better/longer customers - rather to new customers. Developing leading edge products and services, which are well tested and ready for market.

I want Orange to engineer a win win situation for Orange and its customers, all it needs is a little more openness.

Keep up the great work.

thanks

shaun

Guest Paul [MVP]

You hit the nail on the head, the 'new customer' situation REALLY pisses me off, and I raised the issue at the highest (exec) level, but I don't envisage it changing, primarily due to market pressures...

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.