Backing up before applying 2003 upgrade

Guest mhonard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikemc311

i does not use the backup and restore function use the options menu any items checked will automaticly be backed up when ever you sync

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gobojo

I have never been able to make the backup function work in Active Synch. After spending 3 days trying to install 2003 on my i600, (The PDA software upgraded but the Phone software didn't) I was passed from VZW tech support, who couldn't help me, to Samsung. I ran the gamut of Level One support then went to level 2 support. All they could do was tell me to take it to a VZW dealer or send the phone to Samsung (expect minimum 14 days wait.

Went to my VZW dealer, he says he has tried on 4 different phones, all unsuccesful. I called VZW customer support from the store, (I wasn't leaving until the situation was resolved to my satisfaction.) I waited on the phone for almost an hour, when tech support finally answered, I poured out my tale of woe and told him where I was.

They agreed immediately to send me a new phone, already upgraded to 2003. I'll believe it when I see it...

About Backup? The Samsung Level 2 tech told me that none of the Samsung phones can be backed up using the Activesynch software. When they refer to backup they actually mean synch... Oh Boy.

Other than that I love the phone. Promises for the 2003 upgrade include - Multiple email addresses, SD 802.11 support, multiple ring tones assignable to contacts and much more.

Guest mark_k

Make sure that the phone they send you has both the PDA and the Phone upgraded.

Oh by the way,There is no excuse for Verizons bad technical servoce for this device.

They need to get out of the business of selling these phones if they cant service them. Let other companies sell us this devices so they can service them and let Verizon just sell us the cell service.