WM2003 panic! can't get past Hellomoto screen

Guest metric

Guest metric

Hi all,

What's the best plan of action here? My MPx200 can't get past the flowery hellomoto screen (running 2nd version of the @nonymous 2003 rom). The battery ran dead overnight, I tried to switch it on while charging.

The only way out of the hellomoto screen is physically removing the battery.

The battery was on 65% when I went to sleep.

Currently charging after replacing the battery.

HELP!

Guest chudy

well i had my battery run out on me today and it took about 10-15 mins on the charger for it to be able to turn on again...it would show the flower screen and then turn off....

also can you get to the master reset screen? if so i'd try doing a hard reset its possible there was some kind of data corruption on the phone...

just a thought

chudy

Guest metric

That's shocking that its happened before on 2002 for you! One could reasonably expect a 2003 mpx200 to last a night (from over 60% battery remaining) without powering-down!? Let alone causing me to require a hard reset?!

I've always been told that when you have a new phone it's good form to fully charge then fully drain it the first few times, to get the most out of the battery in the long term.

That's all I've been doing lately - phone is now a week old - surely someone should tell Microsoft and/or Motorola that phones (even smartphones) should be robust enough to withstand a low %£$%^&* battery!?

Guest TANKERx

Don't leave your MPx200 plugged into the USB of a PC that is switched off, especially if it gows via a USB Hub as I did this and it drained my phone flat as a pankace overnight. It wouldn't even boot without me removing the battery for an hour and then giving it a kicking with the charger.