WM2003 Offers nothing new besides bugs. How do I downgrade?

Guest Narin

Guest Narin

I upgraded to 2003 when @nonymous first released it. Followed instructions, hard reset, didn't even install any software.

At first it was all sunshine and lemondrops and wow, it's so much faster than 2002! What could go wrong!?

I'll tell you. GPRS problems. Crazy volume problems. OS lockups. Screen shutting off at random. Call disconnects while talking to important clients. Talk time of less than 2 hours. Dogs and cats...living together...

I realized today that 2003 offers no new features that I actually need! My previous version was 1.0.12.63, and it was rock solid.

How do I get it back?

Guest orcinus

Yes, it is buggy as hell (some bugs are fixable, mind you), but for me indispensable because of the multiple e-mail account feature...

Anywho, search about and you're bound to find a lot of posts linking to 2002 firmware, like this one here:

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=111324

Oh, and a wee bit tiny suggestion: READ the forums and bug reports BEFORE flashing next time!

Orcinus

Guest Narin

Yes I suppose I jumped in without testing the water first.

I just flashed to 1.0.52.90 (newer than my old version) and it's fantastic. Just as speedy as 2003 with none of the glitches (so far!).

I get around the no-multiple-email-accounts thing by running my own mail server behind my cable modem, with POP3 collectors that gather mail from all my accounts and put it into the master account, which is accessible via IMAP4.