Orange E200 update

Guest jbrare

Guest jbrare

Anyone out there................................does anyone know where it is for the UK???

Don't want to be too synical but it will probably break more than it fixes anyway :P :D :lol:

JB

Guest A.Hughes

The update is coming,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeh sure,,,,,,,,,so is santa,,,,,,,,,jingle jingle smartphone all the way, oh what fun it is to see that orange are late with an update once again (sing this to jingle bells tune,,,,,why not theres nowt else to do!!!!)

Synical i know, maybe if every didnt pay their bill for a month they'd get their act together, yes you say they will just disconnect us, and their empire at the same time,,,you see the moral is, we have to wait and wait and can do nowt, but you miss your bill once,,,,,bang,,,your cut off,,,,,, meet the next dictator ORA,,,,,,,,,,,,,be afraid be very afraid, or just blummin laugh about it after all, it is the best joke going (when is an update not an update? When its ORA of course!!!!!

:roll: :roll:

So where is it then ? - maybe they are revisiting the update to fix the SD card timeout bug ?

- yeah right and then they will offer all E200 owners a free upgrade to the C500 by way of compensation ! - I think not !

Guest drblow

does the benefit of experience not filter through to people? when/if an update is released this will be the first place to know. whats the point of repeatedly asking 'when'? its not like anyone here knows & theyre just keeping it to themselves. i would imagine that after the fuss last year over posted possible release dates for the e100 1.6 update that O are very reluctant to post any details at all. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Oooh ! - somebody got out of bed the wrong side didnt they. :P

I was merely pointing out the length of time since the FR update, and that it should have been released by now. No need for petty comments, and besides how many posts have there been about the release dates for the C500 and other repeated posts from people ?

Guest drblow

not being petty m8, & i get out of bed on the wrong side every day! ;0) just dont think its necessary for all these posts about when an update will be released. its not going to bring it out any quicker you know! Posted from my SmartPhone!

No I know its not gonna bring it out quicker....But weren't you asking the same question (and it was something like page 116 of the repeatedly same topic !) here ? :wink:

Post subject: Re: 1.6 Update when?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree m8!

I just think it's weird how we are told regularly that this forum is viewed by Orange staff on a regular basis, & Mr. Orange is here in an official capacity - & then the 1.6 update situation is allowed to spiral into myth & rumour about release dates.

This forum is an ideal way for Orange to COMMUNICATE with their users. If there had been regular (ish) information coming from an official source about this update, I reckon there would have been much less moaning about it! (Even if that info had been "sorry, we are not releasing it yet because ... please hang on a bit longer ... we understand users have issues but we assure you that this is a priority ...").

Most people have just got annoyed coz their phones are full of bugs, & you get told (by orange) that an update will be available mid-november, & then just silence!!

It's good to talk!!

"... time is an illusion ... lunchtime doubly so ..."

Like I said - just asking !!!!

Guest drblow

which is exactly why i started my 1st post by mentioning 'the benefit of experience'. & i'm pretty sure the 1.6 update fiasco was after 'official' release dates had been posted by Mr Orange, & at the O website. which is quite a dramatically different scenario than this, eh?

touche! :0)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew
not being petty m8, & i get out of bed on the wrong side every day! ;0) just dont think its necessary for all these posts about when an update will be released. its not going to bring it out any quicker you know! Posted from my SmartPhone!

I think it's funny how people have traditionally been so impatient for the release of updates, then complain that they were released with bugs!

Paul or Mono (can't remember which) recently said they thought it was a good thing the C500 had been delayed as it should ensure a more stable bug free Smartphone. The same applies to the update, if it's not out yet, it's because it's not ready yet.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I think the new update will fix the SD card bug, just in case people accuse me of promising that it will! Hate to say it but I think that bug is forever gonna be a 'feature' of the E200!