My 512Mb Mini SD Card & Adapter

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

My 512Mb Mini SD Card & Adapter arrived today, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed :P

It really is VERY small and thin, and although I was initially totally against the principal of yet another format, I can see why it's been done. As devices get smaller and smaller, they'll need smaller parts and accessories, and this card is probably about 1/2 the volume of a standard SD card :shock:

The card fits very neatly and firmly in the adapter, and so can be used as a standard SD card in devices that don't take Mini SD's. I've tried it in my PC's card reader, as well as my E200, and it works a treat :D

Read and write times seem as fast as any other SD card I've used, in fact, I would recommend that if anyone is in the market for an SD card, they might as well get a Mini SD card and use the adapter, so that they're "prepared" for future devices.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=MINI_SD_512MB

Mini SD back.jpg

Mini SD Front.jpg

Guest mavisdavis

Will ya be selling the 1.GB beauty then??? :wink:

Whats the build of the adapter like. Would it withstand a week or so in a wallet?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Looks nice.

Just my luck though, got one of those 1.0Gb Sandisk cards last month :P ah well it means I wont be changing phones for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest martin
Nah what we need is a CF to Mini SD adaptor :D
This is taken from the mini SD card review on ppcw.net :P

The adapter allows you to continue to use the miniSD card in devices with SD slots 'only" (like today's Pocket PCs). But that's not all; if you plug this adapter into a CF adapter and the CF adapter into a PCMCIA adapter you can even use it with Notebooks.

So you can use adapters (for mini SD) all the way to PCMCIA slot :shock:

http://www.ppcw.net/?itemid=2021