......why can't I close programs?

Guest Will Hay

Guest Will Hay

Having got to drips with the (SPV E200) phone, I now find my only real problem is the fact that I can't seem to close a program down without it running secretly in the background.

For instance, I'm rather niave when it comes to WAP/GPRS etc. and having tried it online (I even managed to check hotmail, whoo-hoo!) and exited the program it was still running (I found it in task manager).

It's the same with media player; if I'm playing an mp3 track I can't seem to be able to stop it without using task manager.

Sure, I can pause it but if I want it to close do I have to keep openingt ask manager? :?

I could go on (games are another problem)...

....am I alone? :P

Thanks,

Will Hay

Guest Skunkchild

I think that's just the way it goes. You could program an icon in the E200 plugin to open up task manager, stop all programs then return to the homescreen tho'.

Pressing and holding the home key will bring up a menu where you can disconnect GPRS too.

Guest Cybertronic

Other than using task manager to close the programs down, you can use QuickClose :D

Store the .exe onto the SD card, create a shortcut, put the shortcut in Accessories or where ever you want it to, and create a speed dial for it :P

Guest Will Hay

I'm a bit worried about GPRS :P

Orange have given the first month of orange world free (4mb limit, right?) but isn't that was WAP access?

I fear my phone was GPRS enabled out of the box and rather niavely I've been accessing the net during my first day or so thinking it was free.

Is this the case?

I don't follow the WAP/GPRS business :D

Also, with regards teh quick close; I'm a little unsure about how to create a speed dial for the shortcut, could someone assist please? :?

Will

Guest Cybertronic

The details of Orange World is here

It's actually 3mb free for you :D

Orange World is GPRS as it states 3MB, WAP is different, WAP is measured in minutes rather than MB like GPRS

The phone is GPRS enabled once you have brought it, you should have a G symbol on the top of the screen which states thats there's GPRS reception for you :P

EDIT: As for the shortcut, look on the 2nd page of the thread, there is instructions there by spacemonkey

Guest Will Hay

I'm a little confused woon.

I was under the impression GPRS was just the method of sending data, and WAP was the process of acessing the data.

I thought it was all based on data sent rather than time used, no?

Should my internet connection setting be 'GPRS Orange'?

Thanks,

Will

Guest Cybertronic

You Internet setting should be on Orange GPRS to take advantage of the free Orange World :P

GPRS and WAP both send and recieve data but are measured differently where GPRS is measured in MB and with WAP in minutes :D