Record Button doesn't do anything!

Guest dodding nonkey

Guest dodding nonkey

I've set up voice shortcuts for speed dialing, but I can't access them because the 'record' button doesn't work. Any time I depress the jog dial it just adjusts the earpiece volume. Any one got any ideas (apart from having the pound of sausages I call fingers surgically reduced that is)

Guest furby

Heh, ye I think thats a well documented problem. I've gotten it to go to voice dial once or twice. Think you just have to be persistent, which I guess defeats the object of voice dial :P

Guest dodding nonkey

Thanks Furby! Shame though 'cos its just the sort of thing that spoils an otherwise great phone.

Any body know of a software workaround??

Guest Sasuke

I had the same problem before, and then someone suggested making sure you press the record button hard. give it a try, i've found that it works everytime :wink:

Guest dodding nonkey

Looks Like that could be the answer! I just pushed the buton halfway out the other side of the phone and now it seems to work OK. Thanx for the help guys!

Guest shaggyguitarist

just make sure you press the button in straight, if it moves slightly up or down you will do the volume thing. Another thing to be aware of is that if you dont press it for long enough, you will go to the voice notes feature.

This is the most annoying thing about the phone, I spent ages adding a voice promt to 30 or 40 contacts, then I can spend ages trying to get the voice dial to work..grrr