Custom Ringtones and SP2003

Guest dduenkel

Guest dduenkel

I have just upgraded to SP2003 and when I edit a contact and give them a custom ring tone the phone still rings with the normal ring. Anyone else have this problem? When I go back to my contact it is still set correctly with the custom ring but doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest dduenkel

I actually have not added any new tones, I am using the ones that came with the phone... I have standard set for regular calls and I just wanted to try custom ring tones, so I chose the SpanishGuitar one when my wife calls me. It only rings with the standard ring, even when my phone is open. I have about 1200 contacts so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I also set it to Vibrate THEN Ring based on some other posts I have seen and that doesn't work either. I checked to see if both the PDA and Phone was upgraded and they were, the versions were correct.

Dan

Guest pdevine

custom ring tones are working for me. i upgraded my phone last week to 2003. afterwards, i selected custom ring tones for two friends. when they call i get the special ring. i only have about 200 contacts, so that may be an issue.

Guest Nukl3ar

Off subject a bit but did you have to re-install the patch in order to get the caller id for the outside display fixed? Also, I too, am having problems w/ the custom ringtones. I've placed .wav files in the directory according to the manual but they don't show up when I try to use them as custom ringtones ... what am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mikemc311

I think that there are still some issues with ringtones in 2003

im using a wma but occasionally it will just play the standard ring also you cant use a wma as a custom ringtone for a contact

also not related im on my second i600 already and i noticed that with both of them early in the morning on the external display there is a section on the far left that turns black and slowly fades away by mid morning any one else ever see this or am i just crazy