Having problems with ringers pausing after W2003 update?

Guest wolfrobinson

Guest wolfrobinson

I used the same songs (.wav files) as ringers on my Samsung before I ran the update on Friday. Now, when the phone is ringing, the music pauses like there's a memory problem. I have it on vibrate and ring, and I tried it several different ways, and it still pauses each time. Anyone else having this issue?

Guest slink
So am I. Its all part of the worry free guarantee.

Here is the real question: Who in hell tested Smartphone 2003 before it left the building? I'm having some ringing problems as well, in addition to the inability to move or delete useless shortcuts, slower and delayed navigation and application launching, inability to use the custom ringtones unless the phone is open, Pocket IE still can't handle frames and several other types of basic pages that Palm's old browsers can, inability for the phone to smartly go to the part of the message area you need to go to when obvious (e.g. when 1 SMS message but your account was in the email portion, it no longer will go directly to the SMS screen display automatically to show your new message), phone freezes more often for no reason, boot up time is doubled (I can live with this), the stupid "ping" tone to boot the phone when in silent mode will still sound twice, activesync is all screwed up and stuff isn't syncing all the time, and I'll leave the rest of you to find the other stuff.

While there are improvements, it wasn't like we were asking for too much here!

Guest jkhan119

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY Slink

Here is the real question: Who in hell tested Smartphone 2003 before it left the building? I'm having some ringing problems as well, in addition to the inability to move or delete useless shortcuts, slower and delayed navigation and application launching, inability to use the custom ringtones unless the phone is open, Pocket IE still can't handle frames and several other types of basic pages that Palm's old browsers can, inability for the phone to smartly go to the part of the message area you need to go to when obvious (e.g. when 1 SMS message but your account was in the email portion, it no longer will go directly to the SMS screen display automatically to show your new message), phone freezes more often for no reason, boot up time is doubled (I can live with this), the stupid "ping" tone to boot the phone when in silent mode will still sound twice, activesync is all screwed up and stuff isn't syncing all the time,

I AM CO-SIGNING EVERYTHING YOU STATED... OUR GRIPES ARE PARALLEL ON THIS ONE. I FIND MYSELF ASKING IF IT WAS WORTH IT.

Guest Jerry Raia

I think this boils down to the whole problem with imbeded systems. It becomes a Verizon/Samsung programming issue. It is clear neither of them are very good with operating systems let alone integrating them with a phone.