memory problems with MPX200

Guest gavboy

Guest gavboy

I have recently got my Orange MPX200 and have added a couple of applications. actually just Cadenza (to synchronise my Lotus Notes) and Pocket TV. I also have added the applications that came on the Orange CD.

Now when I try to add more applications by clicking on add/remove programs, it says I have zero memory to add new programs.

How can this be? The programs I have got are not large! This is really annoying! :x

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the site mate :P

You need to reinstall your apps onto the storage card as the phone memory gets used up very quickly otherwise.

Also don't keep loads of ringtones / backgrounds on the phone itself for the same reason.

You can use ActiveSync or a file explorer such as Binarys to see what's taking up all the space

Guest gavboy

Cheers! I'll try that out. I've also got a load of .mpb files in the IPSM/MAPI folder. Do you know what these are and if I can delete them?

Guest awarner [MVP]

The MAPI folder contains your sent email and sms.

When viewing your SMS etc make sure you go to Deleted Items and emty that folder then you can also delete the contents of the MAPI folder.

Guest gavboy

Help! I must be doing something wrong. I tried to install a large app but before I could choose to install it on my SD card, I got a message saying I didn't have enough memory. Then my MPX tells me that my memory is full. I didn't even install it on my phone. What's going on?

I am about to do a hard reset and start again which is a real pain.

Guest TANKERx
Help! I must be doing something wrong. I tried to install a large app but before I could choose to install it on my SD card, I got a message saying I didn't have enough memory. Then my MPX tells me that my memory is full. I didn't even install it on my phone. What's going on?

I am about to do a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset and start again which is a real pain.

I had this prob using 2003 on my MPx200 (never again). Anyway, I got around that problem by putting the .cab file onto the SD card and opening it there - it's didn't try to use the internat storage as a temporary space and all was as the sweetly singing bucket of joy which wanders through the trees and blesses them with fertiliser.

• 2 months later...
Guest oallostavros
The MAPI folder contains your sent email and sms.

When viewing your SMS etc make sure you go to Deleted Items and emty that folder then you can also delete the contents of the MAPI folder.

Okay, you say that "mapi folder contains your sent email", but what about your received emails. Where are those kept. Also, can you delete anything that's in the MAPI folder without fear of messing up the phone?

Thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

You can delete the entire contents of the MAPI folder safely as I mention above it only contains your sent SMS and emails.

As for recieved mail eetc this is stored in IPSMcemail.vol file