Battery Q.?? not something covered a million times already

Guest dapunk

Guest dapunk

I have just bought a mpx 200 from ebay and the battery that came with it is obviously aftermarket. right now i am only getting about 10 hours of life before it goes totally dead with minimal talking, mostly standby.

is this normal? is it usually better? I am thinking I need to go buy a OEM motorola battery.

the rom on the phone is the standard ATT rom and i am using it unlocked on tmobile....a second Q? about that: is it okay that the roam triangle is always present?

thanks a lot cheers to all :P

EDIT: I just saw a very similiar post just a few below mine and i am sorry for this being somewhat duplicative. but my real question is whether or not this poor battery life is also happing with the OEM batteries out there.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Battery life can be improved by fully charging the phone then doing a Hard Reset. The OEM battery I have is a lower ah rating so does not last as long as the original.

Guest Osiris

Is this a relatively certain fix??

I only got my MPX200 about 48hrs ago, and thus far im kinda disenchanted about the battery life. Will this hard reset fix this? Mine was a new phone with the default battery....

Thanks.

Guest Osiris

Im gonna give this another 2 days before I hard reset it. id like to know thats its the battery and not just the battery wearing in, or perhaps because ive been using it more than I think.

But so im sure, I just hold the action button whilst powering up. Is that it?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Are you sure you are not refering to your storage card?

a Hard Reset will wipe everything on the phone but will not

touch teh storage card.

Guest Osiris

Hrmm guess I cant really complain about battery life

Thus far its been on for 30hrs with lots of SMS usage and a cpl short calls, and a bit of playing around still, and the indicator is still reading 70% so guess it was just my first charge that sucked...