MMS Problems

Guest nick_mpx

Guest nick_mpx

I'm having problems with jMMS everytime i install it hangs in the inbox. after reading this post http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=98463 it became clear what the problem was so i followed the instructions, hard reset, and installed to ipsm (even formattedstorage card). Everything appeared fine! until i restarted the phone, which caused it to hang again in the inbox. :P

p.s. im running the generic 2002 rom

thanks!!

Guest TANKERx

Hey fella, I've tried more 2002 ROM images than you can shake a stick at but to no avail. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing gives. I thought that maybe there was a type of unlocking that none of the apps or Cabs here addresses, but while Orange have been helpful in trying to get my phone unlocked, the bottom line is, my phone seems to have forgotten its IMEI (*#06# works fine, but software that tries to read the IMEI can't find it). Maybe the two issues are linked? I don't know. I can't see there being anything of WM2003 left on the phone because (as I understand it), reflashing the ROM does just that, and leaves nothing behind.

So I'm guessing that since putting 2003 on my phone, it's completely upped the mammaries in many respects. I don't know if you've been through the baptism of WM2003 on your MPx200, but to those who are thinking about it..... think real hard because there may be no way out!

PS. Sorry to sound so negative - if you do find a solution, please PM me!

PPS. Are you finding it hard to maintain a GPRS connection?

Guest caveman

Just an FYI: I had this same problem long before upgrading to 2003. I just gave up on MMS and never looked back. So I would say it has nothing at all to do with having put 2003 on the phone. I am speaking specifically about the screen lockups while viewing the inbox. This would also happen when using SMS. After 20 or 30 messages (incoming/outgoing) The inbox would lock up. I them had to kill the app or restart the phone... sometimes I even had to take the battery out to turn it off.

I did a hard reset and used the phone for a week, with no other software installed... everything was fine. I then installed the MMS Client and the problem came back that afternoon.

Hard Reset... installed all my other software and all was well... That was the end of my MMS project.