My MPx 220 Review

Guest kl1wdr

Guest tehdarkstar
I received my 220 today and the external screen can be used as a camera viewfinder when the clam is closed.

Works well.

How do you guys manage to get these pre-release products? I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly needing one of these... =p~

Guest zensbikeshop

How do you guys manage to get these pre-release products? I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly needing one of these... =p~

Friends in the right places :)

Guest spacecowboy6982

Fantastic mate - dont get me wrong, i like my E-200 but its bulky size is getting to me now - C500 is still an option but if the 220's camera can be improved upon, this tops my list for Christmas :)

spacecowboy

Cingular ROM question:

According to the manual, the MPx220 has a File Viewer that is capable of handling PC Native .xls, .doc, pics, etc. Is this there? The manual says it may or may not be.

-Mc

Guest siu99spj

You think YOU need one badly? I'be been waiting SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

How badly do you think my current SPV is suffering? Its the one I got in the shop wayyyy back (Christmas '02), never been replaced and somehow still working. But I do wnt to upgrade it so badly now.

My brother swaggering around with his E200 is REALLY beginning to annoy me.

To think I could have got one of those and then only waited a couple of months to go upto the MPx220, rather than my current nine month hiatus!

Cingular ROM question:

According to the manual, the MPx220 has a File Viewer that is capable of handling PC Native .xls, .doc, pics, etc.  Is this there?  The manual says it may or may not be.

-Mc

yes, there is.

thanks! That makes the decision that much easier. It always drove me nuts that you couldn't view MS files on a MS device without 3rd party software.

Now if they could only fix that camera!

-Mc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone ...

Can anyone tell me, if it is possible to save windwos-file on this phone, so I can use it like a usb-memory-stick to carry EVERY (!) kind of files from one PC to another?

If this is possible, this phone will be mine soon :)

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone ...

Can anyone tell me, if it is possible to save windwos-file on this phone, so I can use it like a usb-memory-stick to carry EVERY (!) kind of files from one PC to another?

If this is possible, this phone will be mine soon :)

Thanks

Hello everyone ...

If this is possible, this phone will be mine soon :lol:

Thanks

Hello everyone ...

If this is possible, this phone will be mine soon :lol:

Thanks

Guest kyrkesmith

Yeah, you can access both the Mini-SD card and the storage memory of any Smartphone over the USB connection to your computer. If you want, you can save whatever you want there, you just won't necessarily be able to access it on your phone, only on the computer. I'm not sure, but you might have to transfer the files back to the computer before you can open them.

The MPx220 will read word, excel, PDF and other files without any conversion. So if you save the files on to the phone via the USB connection, you can open them on the PC *AND* the phone.

the manual for the MPx220 is online and explains how the phone opens the files natively without conversion.

*and quit cross-posting!!!!!

-Mc

Guest mmystery

Hey everyone!!!

i want so badly the new MPx220, because 3 days ago, i lost my MPx200!!! :-( can someone send me an IM, when the new phone will be out? because here in Greece it will late some months before it gets out in the market.....................So, I will buy it from outside!!! hehehehehe :twisted:

cheers, mmystery

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyrkesmith

There's the same number of pixels, it's just they've slightly reduced the size of each pixel. Resultantly, the screen size has reduced, but still contains the same number of pixels.

I think that to take the definition of "resolution", this would in fact mean that the resolution is greater, but in the general day-to-day usage of the word (in computer terms at least), the resolution is the same.

• 2 weeks later...