Advice for copying large files via activesync

Guest nato

As you may have experienced, when copying large files to an SD card (ie - 55 meg or so) some people may have had the connection broken half way through and the file (although created) is unreadable. If so please read on.....

I have repeatedly been attempting to copy a dvd rip to my SD card and this kept happening. Not only that, but when the file was deleted for some reason SP TA still assumed it was there (tried numerous reboots etc) so any subsequent copy failed due to lack of space !

In previous threads it has been mentioned that this may be caused by the fact that although the cradle is a USB connection, it acts as a serial connection and thus cannot cope with the data throughput.......

If you have the same prob, try this - it worked for me.....

Copy and paste the file to the root of the SD card, then open the activesync window and at the point where it normally fails, keep clicking on the 'SYNC' button. This seems to keep the connection alive until the copy has finished. Works a treat ! - no need to rush out and buy a card reader now (cuz im sooo poor I cant afford the 8 quid !!!)

Guest maxh2003

That's a top tip if it works, I've not tried it - any my E200 *has* shown the problem on occasion.

But it's worth remembering that a card reader will not only do this without breaking halfway through, but will also let you copy files absolutely *loads* quicker - maybe three times as fast, I'm guessing?