is "bitchin" a swear word?

Guest gravity

Guest midnight

GC does not have the best technology, but, what it does have is the usual Nintendo is for kids mentality, and quite rightly so, almost every game is for kids. But, kids cant afford the games, so, this is why Sony and MS are doing so well cos the games they make for PS2 and XBox are mostly adult oriented, aiming at the 17 and upwards age group. Theres still arguments about who will come out on top of the next generation of handheld games devices, my moneys on Sony with its PSP for the very same reason. The PSP will cost considerably more than the GB DS, but the games look much more attractive to me, even if most are ports of PS2 games.

Smartphones is slightly different, of course, game developers are going to make games for a phone designed for gaming, the MS Smartphones, so far, are aimed at the business sector, so, for most game developers there is no money in making games for MS Smartphone (sad, but true). However, if MS do things right, and get D3DM out along with manufacturers putting in 3D accel, and then finally developing specific gaming MS Smartphone devices then that could all change very quickly. MS could bury Nokia on the gaming front if they so wished, and that will probably start to happen 2005/2006 depending on when the next version of the OS comes out. I'm just hoping by then it wont be too little too late.

PS. Red Faction on NGage is just plain nasty, Doom port on MS Smartphone is waaaay better.

Guest midnight

errr, no it isnt actually, read the eula's of sony's playstation games, i think you'll find their eula's state that the game is only licensed to the hardware its designed for (pretty standard in most eula's these days)

Guest gravity

You're wrong Midnight, I just dug up my old PS1 games, according the to Abe's Exoduss EULA, I am allowed to copy the game onto my hard drive too. Nothing is mentioned of any hardware restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...