Problems Post 1.6 Update for Original SPV

Guest rmarshall

Guest rmarshall

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

I recently upgraded my SPV using the Orange Backup and Restore tool and the 1.6 Update, since then I've had the following issues:

1; I haven't been able to edit the Speakerphone profile

2; I can't access any network's *#……# commands (ie *#1345# for credit on Vodafone)

3; When the keypad is locked with the screensaver set to 'turn off', the screen will light up every 2-10 mins as if i'd pressed the left soft-key causing a lower battery life

4; Occasionally i get either a "Camera has been unplugged" or "Problem with Camera Driver" message when using the Camera in Picture Manager

Are there any patches/tweaks I should be using?

Is it worth re-running the update or hard resetting?

Thanks to anyone who can spread some light on the situation.

Rich.

SPV, Sim Unlocked, Decertified, 256MB SD Card, 1.6 Update, Vodafone PAYT Sim

Guest squall

1; I haven't been able to edit the Speakerphone profile

you should be able to edit this profile. what happens when you press the right soft key and goto edit?

2; I can't access any network's *#……# commands (ie *#1345# for credit on Vodafone)

Sorry not tried this

3; When the keypad is locked with the screensaver set to 'turn off', the screen will light up every 2-10 mins as if i'd pressed the left soft-key causing a lower battery life

could be a number of reasons for this, ie apps you have installed etc

4; Occasionally i get either a "Camera has been unplugged" or "Problem with Camera Driver" message when using the Camera in Picture Manager

This is a hardware fault. the camera must be slipping out the slit alittle, or the connectors could be worn.

There are a few phoblems you are having that may be solved by a hard reset or reinstalling the rom. In particular the edit of spealer phone, or the backlight problem

Guest rmarshall

when you press the right soft key and go to edit, you hear the standard 'click' sound, but nothing happens...

no other apps are installed.

must be a worn connector on the camera as i have no problems with any other connectors (cradle, usb lead, charger etc..)

I'll try a hard reset and post the results.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest etawil

I recently upgraded my SPV ROM to V. 1.7.13.0 , since then it's refusing my SIM card, the following message is displayed :Your SIM is invalid"

Your urgent help is greatly appreciated.

thanks