t-mobile (USA) + 2003 update + GSM patch = No GPRS Internet

Guest D-rated

Guest D-rated

OK, so I was running my MPX200 on t-mobile just fine. I flashed the phone to the 2003 update, reconfigured all my phone settings for email and internet, and everything was fine. I could access websites, download my IMAP email, etc., just like with the 2002 OS

But I was having battery life issues so I flashed the phone with the GSM fix. And while I don't know if it fixed the battery life issues, I do know that since I flashed the GSM fix I can not access the internet for web or email. The settings are the same (I've re-entered them 3 times).

My next step was to start from scratch, so I reflashed the phone to 2003, hard reset, immediately flashed the gsm fix, another hard reset, input my GPRS settings, still no dice.

I'm now reverting back to the 2003 WITHOUT the GSM stack update, to confirm that the GSM fix does affect GPRS Internet access.

Can anyone tell me if they have flashed the 2003 OS, AND the GSM stack fix, and can access the internet over t-mobile's network in the USA?

Guest srg59

Yes. Mine works fine.

I removed all the rom preset internet connections, created a new one called tmobile, left all the settings blank, and selected it as the connection to the internet. I also had to select autodetect in ie.

Guest D-rated

srg59: Can you confirm your settings to me. Now I can't get it to work when I flashed back to the 2003 OS without the GSM fix installed.

When you say you left your settings blank, didn't you have to use the IP addresses for DNS entries and all that?

Guest srg59

Right, I'm not using any dns ip addresses.

I should have mentioned before, I'm using free gprs (against my air time). I don't have a data plan or t-zones.

What type of plan are you using?

Guest D-rated

I'm in the same boat as you, I just use the free GPRS, I don't have T-Zones either.

My settings are as foillows:

GPRS Connections:

connects to: the internet

access point: wap.voicestream.com

everything else is left blank

Proxy Connections:

connects from: the internet

connects to: wap network

proxy: 216.155.165.50

type: wap

In PIE: Automatically detect settings is checked, and it's set to connect to the internet.

Any site I try to navigate to it just says 'connecting...' and then 'finding site...' and then i get an error saying 'the page you are looking for cannot be found.'

Any other help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Guest cygwinxp

There are two 2003 ROM. One is the old one that need language fix and gsm fix. Another include all. Which one you use ? If you use the latest one, I don't think you need GSM fix.

Guest D-rated
There are two 2003 ROM. One is the old one that need language fix and gsm fix. Another include all. Which one you use ? If you use the latest one, I don't think you need GSM fix.

The ROM I use is the latest, it has all the language support built into it. I originally used it by itself (without the GSM patch) and it worked. Then I flashed the GSM and now I can't get it to work, even after reflashing the phone with just the 2003 ROM and not the GSM flash.

Guest dankingdc

Here's my TMobile settings that work with 2003. I'm using free internet.

Internet Connection: T-Mobile

WAP Connection: T-Mobile

GPRS Connections: T-Mobile

Connects to: the Internet

Access point: wap.voicestream.com

Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50

Secondary DNS: 216.155.165.51

Proxy connections: T-Mobile

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy: 216.165.50

Typ: WAP

PIE settings:

Automatically detect settings: NOT checked

Network: The Internet

Guest Wyreless

TMOBILE has locked down their FREE GPRS. When they bdid it on Wednesday, my MPX200 hung in there. Then on Friday it also would not connect. In your IP Address use this in both locations 12.025.203.011 I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Guest D-rated
TMOBILE has locked down their FREE GPRS. When they bdid it on Wednesday, my MPX200 hung in there. Then on Friday it also would not connect. In your IP Address use this in both locations 12.025.203.011 I think you will be pleasantly surprised

I read that on the HowardForums. However, I tried that IP, but I didn't know if I needed to use that for both the primary and secondary DNS in the GPRS connection as well as the using that IP address for the proxy? I tried several different combinations but to no avail.

I will also say that I called t-mo and the CSR told me that I still had free WAP access on my phone. Although apparently other CSRs are telling customers that this is no longer available, even to customers who had it at one time.

Guest martin
Any site I try to navigate to it just says 'connecting...' and then 'finding site...' and then i get an error saying 'the page you are looking for cannot be found.'

Any other help you could give would be appreciated.  Thanks again.

If you get that far then it means you are successfully establishing an IP connection via the gateway server. The APN wap.voicestream.com is obviously correct or you wouldn't get the connection.

The problem just seems to be that the pages cannot be downloaded :?

It could be that T-mobil are now starting to force the APN wap.voicestream.com via the proxy server for their free service. Try creating the following proxy connection and see if that allows the download of pages.

Desription: proxy

Connects from : The Internet

Connect to : WAP network

Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080

Type=HTTP

Set WAP connection to T-mobile (or whatver the GPRS connection is called)

In IE untick 'Auto detect settings' and make 'Select Network: WAP network'.

Guest D-rated

@Martin:

Interesting. I tried what you suggested and here is that i got:

"Connecting..."

"Finding Site..."

"Connecting..."

"Loading..."

And I thought it was going to work, and then I got a page that says:

"Sign up for unlimited internet browsing, email, news, personalized information and on-line games for $4.99 a month. Please visit . . . "

The rest of the message just told me how to activate t-zones.

So, maybe the free wap is gone???

Guest martin

Hey, well at least you downloaded a page :P

I think you're right that T-mobile must be making some big changes but then again it was probably inevitable. Good things must come to an end :D

Still $4.99 for unlimited GPRS (including any restrictions they apply via the proxy server: if forced) is still a good deal.

Guest D-rated

@Martin:

I agree, $5 for unlimited is still a good deal. And in the end that will probably be the way I will have to go.

The posters on HowardForums say you can still get free WAP, but that is because they are running their own gateways, something that I have not had success with yet.

Guest D-rated

So I called 611 for a t-mo CSR, added 4.99 unlimited T-zones and was up and running within 30 minutes (web surfing, IMAP email both working fine). Thanks for everyone's help with settings and suggestions, in the end it looks like I just needed to give t-mo $5 a month more. :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest getwired
I'm in the same boat as you, I just use the free GPRS, I don't have T-Zones either.

My settings are as foillows:

GPRS Connections:

connects to:  the internet

access point:  wap.voicestream.com

Proxy Connections:

connects from:  the internet

connects to:  wap network

proxy:  216.155.165.50

type:  wap

In PIE:  Automatically detect settings is checked, and it's set to connect to the internet.

Any other help you could give would be appreciated.  Thanks again.

Anyone know these settings for ATT Wireless?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sciroccs

Greetings Everyone,

I'm sure everyone has heard this a thousand times......I need help! I have followed this instructions in this forum on how to connect with T-Mobile and I can't for the life of me make this phone work!! I have WM2003, it looks as if it was in german at one time. I deleted all the connections, which had all german web addresses, and I created new wap, proxy, and GPRS entries for TA-Mobile using various settings provided in this forum.

Can anyone please take the time to put in the settings one entry at a time so I can enter as displayed? ie T-Mobile GPRS....., T-Mobile WAP....., T-Mobile Proxy........ Which ones do I need to use and in what combinations. I'm using a Pay as You Go Sim card, does this have any bearing on the ability to connect. I know that T-Zones is suppose to come with the Pay as You Go sim.

I will gladly buy anyone a Beer or two or three..........Please help if you can. T-Mobile isn't very helpful. So confused.

Thanks in Advance

OK, so I was running my MPX200 on t-mobile just fine.  I flashed the phone to the 2003 update, reconfigured all my phone settings for email and internet, and everything was fine.  I could access websites, download my IMAP email, etc., just like with the 2002 OS

But I was having battery life issues so I flashed the phone with the GSM fix.  And while I don't know if it fixed the battery life issues, I do know that since I flashed the GSM fix I can not access the internet for web or email.  The settings are the same (I've re-entered them 3 times).

My next step was to start from scratch, so I reflashed the phone to 2003, http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, immediately flashed the gsm fix, another http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, input my http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861>GPRS settings, still no dice.

I'm now reverting back to the 2003 WITHOUT the GSM stack update, to confirm that the GSM fix does affect GPRS Internet access.

Can anyone tell me if they have flashed the 2003 OS, AND the GSM stack fix, and can access the internet over t-mobile's network in the USA?

i have the latest update for wm2003 but i flashed the gsm fix as well...does that mean my internet connection wont work like the guy above^^?? (i havent activated my phone yet)

Your phone will work fine with T-Mo with the update. The issue maybe be more o n T-Mo changing the plans a bit. The free lunch is going away. I have the data plan and it works fine.