GRPS modem problem with WM2003?

Guest stualpha

Guest stualpha

Hi guys,

I've spent the past 24 hours (including sleep :wink: ) trying to get gprs working on my phone, finally i have it done!

However i've just managed to get gprs to connect using my pda also running WM2003 which works fine but i'm stuck on getting it working on my laptop.

The laptop is running XP and i've followed lots of guides on the net but still have the same problem. Everything i've tried gives me Error 692: Hardware Failure in the Modem

So far i have tried both usb and infrared but both give me the same error. I can query the modem fine and hyperterm to it with both connections.

Unfortunately i didn't try this when i was running smartphone 2002 so i cannot say if it worked then.

I have tried both the initialisation string with the AT+ command at the beginning and without, it has the same APN name as the phone and the pda and i have also added ,"",0,0 to the end of the initialisation string, but still no luck.

I have also noticed that under modems in device manager it is shown as smartphone 2003 usb modem could this be a driver issue?

But then wouldn't the generic IRDA driver connect?

This is driving me insane, has anyone else had this problem or know of any possible solution or ideas?

Thanks for your help

stu