Lame question about installing software on MPx200

Guest tehdarkstar

Guest tehdarkstar

Hello all,

I don't know if you have ever came across this problem, but I have found no answer for that neither on Google or this forum.

I have just got my MPx200 and have upgraded it with the latest Windows Mobile 2003 ROM from @nonymous. It is working fine and I'm quite happy with it.

I have installed quite a few applications on this phone and none of them asked me where I would like to install it. They all installed in the Storage (IPSM) of the phone. Well, it happens that the IPSM is about 8.18 MB and now it is full.

I'm trying to install more programs but they never ask me where to install and just fail right away.

I do have an 256 MB SD and the Storage Memory (RAM storage) is almost empty.

Does anyone can help me with that?

Also, can someone explain me how the Smartphone works with the RAM memory? I mean, if I reboot the cell phone, does it erase the RAM? Isn't it like soft-reseting the Pocket PC?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Pondrew

Sorry mate, haven't got an MPX220.

Strange as Windows Mobile 2003 on my SPV E200 knows when the card is inserted and automatically asks. Maybe one of the other guys can confirm if you need to do something different with the MPX200...

Guest tehdarkstar

Thanks for your answer.

I have performed a hard-reset and started reinstalling all my apps. Now they ask me where to install... :-)

Strange, isn't?

What is that Storage Memory (not IPSM) about?

Cheers.

Guest tehdarkstar

No, I don't mean the "Storage" "folder" in the root file system.

If I open Resco Explorer and go to the System Info, I will see four memory areas there:

1 - Program Memory - 17.7MB (fine, that's the actual RAM used by my programs)

2 - Storage Memory - 10.5MB (don't know what is)

3 - Storage - 8.2MB (this is the IPSM)

4 - Mounted Volume - 239.3 MB (that's my memory card... :P)

What I would like to know is what item #2 is...

Thanks.