vzn "wireless synch"

Guest lenraphaelcpa

Guest lenraphaelcpa

since it appears to be no additional cost if on a national plan w unltd use, i'll try it.

not keen on idea of having to run it full time on a workstation; and have had bad experience in distant past w intellisynch (puma) which appears to be source?

before i dive in, any experiences w it? how does it get thru firewalls? or do you have to open a port completely for it?

Guest mark_k

You can always just set up a mail account to check you email via your ISP. It will not remove it from your ISP it will still be there until you grab it with your PC. (SMTP & POP)

Guest psywzrd
since it appears to be no additional cost if on a national plan w unltd use, i'll try it. 

not keen on idea of having to run it full time on a workstation; and have had bad experience in distant past w intellisynch (puma) which appears to be source?

before i dive in, any experiences w it? how does it get thru firewalls? or do you have to open a port completely for it?

Wireless sync is absolute garbage. I've been using it ever since I got my i600 (about 4 months ago) and it works maybe 10% of the time. Don't waste your time.

Guest lenraphaelcpa

the isp soln is n/a because i use exchange mostly.

----

spent a couple of hours w the vzn techs today getting it to work. it's pretty junky compared to extended systems onebridge or even msft exchange 03 mobil synch.

gives very limited control over range of dates for synching eg. only past 7 days max for email. can't select a public contact folder (but neither can msft's app).

security on the pc end by default is a bit better than msft or extnd system's.

selling feature is that it gives you a limited psuedo "outlook web access" client running on vzn's server which is supposed to be kept in synch w your local outlook (didnt work so hot for me).

i'll try onebridge next.

-l

Guest lenraphaelcpa

main unique security weakness of the vzn app is that if someone gets your phone they can easily find your username (which is always your cell no) and your password. then all they have to do to access the vzn web outlook is to log in via pc. not only would they get your info there, but they could synch back to your pc and mess up your data.

-l

• 4 weeks later...