RJshortcut for SP2002??

Guest drblow

Guest drblow

I'm trying to use RJshortcut plugin to get recreate the icons for my Opera theme on SP2002 phones eg. e100. The code below works on my e200, but not on my mate's e100!? I just get the ? icon coming up.

Can anybody help? :?

<plugin clsid="{F3750050-8E30-4c61-A864-4301F5D7C065}" height="24" name="shortcutbar">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="#666666" /> 

</background>

<format padding-left="1" padding-right="1" padding-top="1" padding-bottom="1"/>	

<shortcutbar icon-spacing="2" icon-size="large">

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuCall History.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-103"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuInbox.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-105"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuCalendar.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-107"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuSettings.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-109"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuInternet Explorer.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-111"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuSettings.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-115"/>

<shortcut target="IPSMWindowsStart MenuWMPlayer.lnk" iconfile="IPSMApplication DataHomeopera2002.exe" iconindex="-113"/>

</shortcutbar>

</plugin>

Guest jamby

I really appreciate drblows effort to make a version of the Opera skin for us e100 owners.

so to those who have knowledge on this,... pls share and help.

tnx. :P

Guest RemyJ
I really appreciate drblows effort to make a version of the Opera skin for us e100 owners.

so to those who have knowledge on this,... pls share and help.

tnx.    :P

Help is on the way!

Sorry, I've had relatives in town since Thursday and I've been driving them all over Colorado for the past 4 days. :shock:

Guest jamby

Help is on the way!

Sorry, I've had relatives in town since Thursday and I've been driving them all over Colorado for the past 4 days. :shock:

I think the Opera Theme for e100 wont push through anymore. It seems that the great doctor is really having a hard time converting the theme.:D

Oh well, maybe this theme is indeed not meant for us (e100 owners).:D

But DrBlows effort is greatly appreciated. :D :lol: :D

Keep on making quality skin doc. :D

Guest zeta101

hmmm very strange, you say this code works on your e200????? how can it when all the directories for the files and icons go through the IPSM, the e200 doesnt have IPSM, so the above code should not work on an e200!

or am i missing something really obvious?

Guest drblow

Actually, the version I posted here was changed to IPSM because thats all that works on SP2002 devices. There was no point in me posting up the xml code for my e200, as its 2002 devices that I'm trying to get this to work on. I was trying to avoid someone posting that I needed to change Storage to IPSM - if you see what I mean! :wink:

Native Orange/MS plugins seem to work OK on 2003 devices without changing IPSM to Storage, although the generic ones by RemyJ etc don't! Strange but true!!

• 1 month later...
Guest marshmallow

I'm having compat issues with Windows Mobile 2003 SE on the Typhoon C500. I am using the bliss homescreen with RJShortcuts and Tasks plugins however I receive the 'Error opening shortcut or locating the target filename' on both tasks and shortcuts.

Do you know why this is? Any help grateful

Thanks.

Probably because the directory name for the phone's persistent storage is "IPSM" in 2002 (which is what RJShortcut and RJTasks were originally developed under) and "Storage" in 2003. You'll have to edit your homescreen XML and change all references to "IPSM" to "Storage".

Guest marshmallow

As far as I can see there are no references to the IPSM directory

For RJShortcut

e.g.

For RJTasks

e.g.

However, when I checked, there was no Programs sub directory under he start menu.

Any ideas?

As far as I can see there are no references to the IPSM directory

For RJShortcut

e.g.

For RJTasks

e.g.

However, when I checked, there was no Programs sub directory under he start menu.  

Any ideas?

Assuming you have Power Tasks installed, just adjust the path to where ever "Power Tasks.lnk" is. In general, find the item in question using the ActiveSync explorer then use that path in the plugins remembering that ActiveSync Explorer omites the ".lnk" on shortcut files but you must include them in the XML.

Guest marshmallow

Assuming you have Power Tasks installed, just adjust the path to where ever "Power Tasks.lnk" is. In general, find the item in question using the ActiveSync explorer then use that path in the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins remembering that ActiveSync Explorer omites the ".lnk" on shortcut files but you must include them in the XML.

Can you tell me where I can download / install power tasks pluging from? I searched the forum but didn't find much.

The strange thing is I can't see a programs subdirectory beneath the Start Menu. I'm not convinced RJTasks / Shortcuts installed correctlly. Do you know where the install dir is on the C500?

Thanks.

Power Tasks is a commercial application...

http://www.developerone.com/powertasks/

RJShortcut and RJTasks allow you to launch programs you have installed on your phone but it doesn't install them for you. The example for RJTasks shows launching Power Tasks but it doesn't provide Power Tasks for you. If you don't want to buy Power Tasks, change RJTasks to launch the Tasks program provided by Microsoft. The pathname for the shortcut is "StorageWindowsStart MenuTasks.lnk"

• 1 month later...

I have been able to have the Shortcut plugin working on my SPV200.

But one wishes always for something more, once a plugin works.

So I have on my mobile a homescreen put in by the provider (Mobistar) and they have put the startMru bar at the bottom of the screen (small icons) - no big deal I hear you say, but even if the screen is only half filled with plugins like - to do and calendar and profile and thelike. the StartMru icon bar always homes down to the bottom of the screen.

If the screen is full I see it scrolling down and off screen with the other plugins, but if there is plenty of room it sinks to the bottom of the screen.

How would that be done.

I am unable to find the homescreen XML file from Mobistar to see it and copy. (even if I set the properties to show hidden files)