The Keypad doen't work & How to transfer Contacts to PC

Guest aqr505

Guest aqr505

Hi,

I have 2 problems.

1. I had customized my Orange SPV with screenservers/backgournds, ringing tones, etc. Few weeks back, out of the blue, the phone has gone back to the original (factory setting) mode. i.e. the backgound has changed to the original screen. This is not the problem really. Now, the phone is not responding. The keypad is not working, and although I can see that I'm receiving a call, I can't answer since the keys are not working! I think this is a Software problem, since when I press any key, the screen lights up from the sleep mode. But, thats it. Very raley a key might work if I keep on pressing that for hours. What can I do?

2. One of the solutions I thought was to do a hard reset. The problem is how to backup my contact list. When I tried to syncronize the contacts to my PC, it doesn't work. Only emails are able to be sycronized. When I go to 'options' in the syncronize menu, a tic box appears only infront of the mails description. So, I can't select the 'contacts' to be syncronized. So, is there any other way that I can copy the contacts to my PC. For example, to copy the relevant file from the phone to the PC?

Thanks in advance...... :roll:

And..... if possible, can you give a link to a good hard reset procedure page.

Guest awarner [MVP]

First off the highlighted words in your post give you the link for

directions on how to Hard Reset :P

Looks like your phone has performed a Partial Reset and does now need to be Hard Reset.

If you cannot sync your contacts at the moment this could be due to the initial problem try deleting the partnership and create a new one to see if that helps.