mpx200 speakerphone question

Guest master-ceo

Guest tortfeasor

i agree that is crappy, found out the hard way, dropped my important call and got a really funky screech from the mic being too close to the speaker!! ouch

Little by little you will discover what a bad phone the MPx200 really is. I stopped using speakerphone on it all together because it is so annoying to get it in speakerphone mode. Even when you do, you'll never know if the volume will be loud enough or even too loud.

My favorite annoying thing, however, is this:

The phone rings and I open it (I have answer on open set to off), click the "send" button and put the phone to my ear and say hello. Well... every once in a while (1 in 10 times or so) the phone will decide it is too busy to respond to my button press so rather than answer the call I get a loud ring while the phone is against my ear.

I love this phone!

Guest DagwoodB
My favorite annoying thing, however, is this:

The phone rings and I open it (I have answer on open set to off), click the "send" button and put the phone to my ear and say hello.  Well... every once in a while (1 in 10 times or so) the phone will decide it is too busy to respond to my button press so rather than answer the call I get a loud ring while the phone is against my ear.

This is actually not an issue anymore with the 2003 ROM. I used to have that happen all the time, has not happened in the last 10 days since flashing with the @nonymous ROM.

What chapps my @ss is that when in the "Silent" profile and a second inbound call comes in, it vibrates so strong that it numbs my ear and even drives the person that I am in the first call with nuts.

Dag.

Guest sophantim

(master-ceo) Can I use the phone in speakerphone mode (in a call) while the phone is closed? If YES How? Yes you can!! the only thing that can make it work is to install (Screen Saver) on your phone. You notice the Screen Saver does not work on WM2003 only on WM2002 but you can make it work on WM2003 if you use (PHM REGEDIT). First install (Screen Saver) and save it on your PHONE .Second go to PHM REGEIT and hit HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWARESTRICKLAND CONSULTINGPOCKETCANDYhit Values and go to Screen Saver Dir and change Value Data: Storagewindows hit done and hit home. Now go to Pocket Candy and make sure in Screen Saver: have Aquarium.scr and press done!! Now reboot your phone. You notice every 1min screen saver is on that mean you got it right. ok make a phone call and hit the Speakerphone and talk for 1min than the sceen saver should appear after that close your phone but dont hang up. That shoud asnswer your ? .(master-ceo) Remember to save the screensaver on your phone. :P

Guest awarner [MVP]

And then cry as your battery life lasts less than an E200 on a good day :D

Nice idea though :P never thought of that before as I do not use pocket candy as I prefer battery life over screen saver.

Guest master-ceo
(master-ceo)  Can I use the phone in speakerphone mode (in a call) while the phone is closed? If YES How?  Yes you can!!  the only thing that can make it work is to install (Screen Saver) on your phone.  You notice the Screen Saver does not work on WM2003 only on WM2002 but you can make it  work on WM2003 if you use (PHM REGEDIT). First install (Screen Saver) and save it on your PHONE .Second go to PHM REGEIT and hit HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWARESTRICKLAND CONSULTINGPOCKETCANDYhit Values and go to Screen Saver Dir and change Value Data: Storagewindows hit done and hit home. Now go to Pocket Candy and make sure in Screen Saver: have Aquarium.scr and press done!! Now reboot your phone. You notice every 1min screen saver is on that mean you got it right.  ok make a phone call and hit the Speakerphone and talk for 1min than the sceen saver should appear after that close your phone but dont hang up. That shoud asnswer your ? .(master-ceo) Remember to save the screensaver on your phone.  :P

Thankx for the tip, but I don't want a screen saver on the phone.(battery life) I'm running WM2002 BTW.