Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest mikeeey
That's fabulous. I have a Tilt and it's not helping my sound (much). It does sound better, but it's still messed.

-James

you switched to 16bit mode in the settings FIRST and then launched the game right?

Thanks for the bug reports.

I just uploaded SmartGear 0.34 which appears to finally fix the clicking problem. If you were having the clicking problem, install the new build, then go to the Settings window and check "16-bit audio". Please let me know if this corrects the problem.

I'm still working on the game-specific issues, but this clicking problem was important enough to release a new build.

God thx for never replying, i got lots of problems, i recently switched to Trinity WM6:

-Very bugged install, refuse to install on card, create unexisting games fodler, forget about menu icon

-No more adware virus alert with the most used antivirus

-Still cannot pause the game without huge slow everywhere

-My serial code is refused on the ppc version

-Never heard a single sound click

Guest PolloLoco

THanks for updating this Bitbank.

Though Ninjaw strikes me as a whiny little b_, the one point he does have is that even if it offers to install on a memory card - the game will always install in main memory.

Besides that, sound has been fixed for an HTC XV6700. Which is great.

The video mods had no effect for me however. Everything runs great if I rotate the screen after opening my keyboard. But if I leave the screen in landscape and then try to open a game - the game won't load. This is not an issue at all for me, however. Based on other emulators, I'm used to manually rotating my screen before starting the game.

Besides that, for some reason when I save in the middle of games - the load feature ends up distorted still. I'm curious if you see that with the 8525? I've also worked around this by only saving at the end of levels.

When you work through game specific problems, I'd still like to see a fix of Legendary Axe 2. It's one of, if not my favorite fast action games for the TG16.

Thanks again.

Guest PolloLoco
Gues what..?

You strike me as a *@!?~#

Good for you and your 5 posts - Ninjaw, is that you?!? If you or Ninjaw knew how to communicate in a civilized manner, adults might take you seriously. Does your school actually allow 3rd graders to surf the net on smartphones? Better quit before you get detention.

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest jmacdonald801

One loan guy writing assembler for an arm processor does not strike me as an easy task. I doubt bitbank gets that many registrations that there is any room for additional development resources.

I think people need to realize, that as far as I can tell, bitbank is the only one that is actively developing a decent emulator for Windows Mobile. I've tried many other emulators but none could run NES at full speed, even on the 400mhz processor of the Tilt/Kaiser.

Maybe there are lots of issues, but good progress is being made, and honestly, I'm impressed he keeps at it. Assembler is terribly time consuming to write and the sheer volume of different windows mobile implementations makes it all that more difficult.

I'm not happy about the sound, but beggers can't be choosers and there is nothing else out there I've seen that can approach the speed of smartgear.

It seems that the HTC devices are the ones plagued by sound issues, maybe I'll have to switch.

-James

Guest bitbank
One loan guy writing assembler for an arm processor does not strike me as an easy task. I doubt bitbank gets that many registrations that there is any room for additional development resources.

I think people need to realize, that as far as I can tell, bitbank is the only one that is actively developing a decent emulator for Windows Mobile. I've tried many other emulators but none could run NES at full speed, even on the 400mhz processor of the Tilt/Kaiser.

Maybe there are lots of issues, but good progress is being made, and honestly, I'm impressed he keeps at it. Assembler is terribly time consuming to write and the sheer volume of different windows mobile implementations makes it all that more difficult.

I'm not happy about the sound, but beggers can't be choosers and there is nothing else out there I've seen that can approach the speed of smartgear.

It seems that the HTC devices are the ones plagued by sound issues, maybe I'll have to switch.

-James

James, thanks for defending me.

I started SmartGear as a hobby and was encouraged by the Modaco members to release it as a product. It is only me working on it and unfortunately very few people pay for the registration, so I must devote the majority of my time to more viable commercial products. I will continue to work on it until it's perfect and I have been devoting a bit more time to it lately. I appreciate all input in terms of suggestions and bug reports. I am currently working on the TG16 bugs and as James said, the ARM asm code for the Huc6280 CPU is a pain to debug.

I was thinking about doing some ARM ASM programming challenges. My idea is to release a small piece of code (50 lines or less) and see if anyone can come up with a better solution. The prize would either be free software from me or maybe a small cash prize. Thoughts?

For the curious...I'm currently working on new commercial Windows Mobile game emulators for Konami (e.g. Time Pilot) as well as an upgrade pack for the Chicago Gaming Ultimate Arcade 2, also a fix/upgrade of my Virtual CE product to compete better with SOTI's Pocket Controller.

Please keep the suggestions/bug reports coming and thank you for your support.

Larry B.

Guest CharlyV
James, thanks for defending me.

I started SmartGear as a hobby and was encouraged by the Modaco members to release it as a product. It is only me working on it and unfortunately very few people pay for the registration, so I must devote the majority of my time to more viable commercial products. I will continue to work on it until it's perfect and I have been devoting a bit more time to it lately. I appreciate all input in terms of suggestions and bug reports. I am currently working on the TG16 bugs and as James said, the ARM asm code for the Huc6280 CPU is a pain to debug.

I was thinking about doing some ARM ASM programming challenges. My idea is to release a small piece of code (50 lines or less) and see if anyone can come up with a better solution. The prize would either be free software from me or maybe a small cash prize. Thoughts?

For the curious...I'm currently working on new commercial Windows Mobile game emulators for Konami (e.g. Time Pilot) as well as an upgrade pack for the Chicago Gaming Ultimate Arcade 2, also a fix/upgrade of my Virtual CE product to compete better with SOTI's Pocket Controller.

Larry B.

Try to make your product more attractive, especially for the Pocket PC platform. As example, support the touchscreen by using virtual buttons. Some new devices have to less hardware buttons to map all needed buttons. Also the file open dialog

can be better. Like to show all supported types (file extension).

On your page, it is not clear which video consoles/handhelds will be supported.

Edited by CharlyV

Larry B.

? ok

-Very bugged install

-No working pause on my device

-Viruses sometimes

-Serial refused

3rd report

Guest bitbank
? ok

-Very bugged install

-No working pause on my device

-Viruses sometimes

-Serial refused

3rd report

Ninjaw,

Sorry for your problems, but I'm not sure how to fix what I can't reproduce.

1) Please be very specific about the install problems you're seeing. Others have not reported anything.

2) What device are you using? For touchscreen devices, tapping the screen will pause/unpause. You can also define any button to act as pause. If this isn't working then the sky must be green because this is a very basic feature.

3) Viruses? Where does that report come from. My view on virus scanning software is that the cure is worse than the disease. No one else has reported this problem. Is the virus supposedly in the desktop installer EXE or the CAB file?

4) Serial refused? - sorry to say, but this is 100% your fault. Get me the correct owner name and I'll generate a working registration code. If you change the owner name after registering, the registration will not work. This is a security measure I put in to try to thwart the pirates.

L.B.

Ninjaw,

Sorry for your problems, but I'm not sure how to fix what I can't reproduce.

1) Please be very specific about the install problems you're seeing. Others have not reported anything.

2) What device are you using? For touchscreen devices, tapping the screen will pause/unpause. You can also define any button to act as pause. If this isn't working then the sky must be green because this is a very basic feature.

3) Viruses? Where does that report come from. My view on virus scanning software is that the cure is worse than the disease. No one else has reported this problem. Is the virus supposedly in the desktop installer EXE or the CAB file?

4) Serial refused? - sorry to say, but this is 100% your fault. Get me the correct owner name and I'll generate a working registration code. If you change the owner name after registering, the registration will not work. This is a security measure I put in to try to thwart the pirates.

Thx for caring!

1) Yes, ppl are saying the same: No Storage card, No start menu, and it installs on Games/ when on my localised device there isnt, however i can find the exe manually...

2) I'm on HTC P3600 Trinity but i tweaked it into WM6, I can pause easily, but when i unpause, everything is slow until i exit game

3) Previous version, most used free antivirus, ppc exe, adware warning

4) I know that's my fault, I switched from Smartphone to ppc my name is Ninjaw

Guest bitbank
Thx for caring!

1) Yes, ppl are saying the same: No Storage card, No start menu, and it installs on Games/ when on my localised device there isnt, however i can find the exe manually...

2) I'm on HTC P3600 Trinity but i tweaked it into WM6, I can pause easily, but when i unpause, everything is slow until i exit game

3) Previous version, most used free antivirus, ppc exe, adware warning

4) I know that's my fault, I switched from Smartphone to ppc my name is Ninjaw

Thanks for clarifying the problems.

1) The important piece of information needed was that you are using a non-English device. The only non-English device I have is an old iPAQ h3600 with a Spanish ROM, but I'll see if I can find why the installer is not working correctly.

2) The key piece of information here is that after pausing, things slow down. I'll see if I can reproduce this on the many different devices I have.

3) Not sure there's anything I can do about virus warnings. I use Wise Installation System 9 with Microsoft's CABWIZ to create the installer. Has anyone else gotten warnings about the installation EXE?

4) See your private messages for the registration code.

L.B.

1) I know, maybe all my problems come from that, i remember that my french Smartphone was using english names, however each game I installed from now are all finding that french games folder ?.

2) Wait i'm at work, and it works fine when i remove the sound... I'll check that issue.

3) They dont seem to be easily afraid by such things, anyway that warning is not here anymore, dont worry.

4) Thx, it worked, am i stupid or there is a difference between PPC and smartphone codes ?

Guest bitbank
4) Thx, it worked, am i stupid or there is a difference between PPC and smartphone codes ?

The Desktop PC, SmartPhone and PocketPC codes are the same. This was my idea to add more value to registering the product. A single purchase allows you to play on all of your mobile devices and your PC. This is how I sell all of my software.

L.B.

Guest mikeeey

bitbank i have 1 suggest (for ppc's) and 1 bug.

There should be a keys setup for landscape mode and portrait mode. some people may play portrait or landscape depending what emulator.

the bug is that NES games's sound is too high.

great job on everything tho, i like how gameboy plays.

Guest bitbank
bitbank i have 1 suggest (for ppc's) and 1 bug.

There should be a keys setup for landscape mode and portrait mode. some people may play portrait or landscape depending what emulator.

the bug is that NES games's sound is too high.

great job on everything tho, i like how gameboy plays.

I'm working on the NES frequency today and I considering adding touchscreen controls. It has been suggested that I use the method used in FinalBurn. Does anyone have an opinion about it?

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I'm working on the NES frequency today and I considering adding touchscreen controls. It has been suggested that I use the method used in FinalBurn. Does anyone have an opinion about it?

L.B.

only problem with onscreen buttons is touching the screen slows down the device, and there hasnt been a fix for it yet...

thanks for working on the frequency btw.

Guest bitbank

L.B.

I've redone the NES sound calculations and I believe I've got it working correctly. Can someone please give it a try? Here's a PPC build without an installer and the version number has not been updated in the about box:

www.bitbanksoftware.com/smartgear.zip

unzip and copy the EXE directly to your Pocket PC.

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I've redone the NES sound calculations and I believe I've got it working correctly. Can someone please give it a try? Here's a PPC build without an installer and the version number has not been updated in the about box:

www.bitbanksoftware.com/smartgear.zip

unzip and copy the EXE directly to your Pocket PC.

L.B.

yes! you fixed it.

im gonna try some more NES games and report any errors if any..

super mario bros 1 - working

super mario bros 2 - working but character lags and moves back and forth every few seconds

super mario bros 3 - working

gradius - working

gradius II - smartgear error message comes up

GI Joe Altantis Factor - crashes after movie at begining

Zelda - distorted pixels

Zelda II - working

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -working

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - crashes the program

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - crashes the program

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters - crashes the program

top gun - working

top gun the second mission - working with some display bugs

Contra - working

Metroid - working

silk worm - working

twin eagle - working

missing mappers ive seen so far:

Edited by mikeeey

Guest PolloLoco

Old school games I've recently played:

The Legend of Kage for NES also has distorted pixels.

Rygar works great however.

I'm impressed by the recent updates, great job Bitbank.

Edited by PolloLoco

NES

Missing mapper: 69 - games not working like Castlevania 3- Draculas Curse)

Bubble Bobble - working with some display bugs

Star Tropics II - massive sound problem

Guest bitbank
Old school games I've recently played:

The Legend of Kage for NES also has distorted pixels.

Rygar works great however.

I'm impressed by the recent updates, great job Bitbank.

Hi Pollo,

I played the Legend of Kage for a few minutes and didn't see any problems. Can you please be more specific? Screenshot please :( ?

Thanks,

L.B.

P.S. Today I'm fixing the ARM TG16 problem.

Hi Pollo,

I played the Legend of Kage for a few minutes and didn't see any problems. Can you please be more specific? Screenshot please :( ?

Thanks,

L.B.

P.S. Today I'm fixing the ARM TG16 problem.

Very nice ! :D

Greetings,

Anna

Guest bitbank
Very nice ! :(

Greetings,

Anna

Found it (TurboGrafx-16 Problem) !!!

One of those boundary conditions. The RTS and RTI instructions both pop the PC from the stack, but the RTS instruction adds 1 after popping the PC. The problem is that I need to use the PC to lookup the offset in the huc6280 memory map based on the top 3 bits of the address (0x2000 byte pages). The games with the problem were returning to address xFFF which caused it to lookup the wrong page offset.

I'll have a new build up later today with the fix.

L.B.

Guest jmacdonald801

mikeey,

Could you tell me what settings you are using in smartgear, and what tom you are using on your Tilt?

I'm running a slightly modified AT&T Tilt Rom from XDA-developers that has all the boatware removed, a new core o.s. and radio.

No other programs have audio issues, but perhaps in the case of smartgear, this rom is not helping.

-James