Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest annawu

SmartGear 1.03 PocketPC version

MegaDrive

Game : Phantasy Star II (UE)

If i try to press " New Game " it goes back to Start/Intro screen.

Check the AVI movie (PS.zip)

PS: Cannot test on Desktop PC version because after trying to load game, I get a crash.

PC

Dell Latitude C840 Notebook

Mobile Pentium 4-M 1794.7 MHz

WinXP Pro SP2 (German)

PS.ZIP

post-198623-1207296725_thumb.jpg

Edited by annawu

Guest trippenz

Sylvan Tale (j) T-Eng works now instead of freezing during the intro, but same problems as annawu. I was wondering if you planned on adding graphic filters such as 2x Super Sai and ect. BTW keep up the wonderful work.

Edited by trippenz

Guest mikeeey

Saving/Loading Bug

Bitbank im still having a bug with saving and loading games. if i try to load a save slot it says "cannot load game" so i click ok, but then it loaded the game after all!

if i try to save over an existing slot it does the same thing, but it still saves after all!

strange bug..saving and loading work, but theres just annoying messages every time.

Guest thelostsoul

1.0.3 seems really slow for me. I opened Sonic and Tails 2 for GameGear, and its like the app just freezes every couple seconds for a second or two.

Also, the button issue still exists - have to open the define keys screen to use any of the non-direction keys....

Guest bitbank

Hmmm - it looks like there are new and old problems still in the new build. I will try my best to figure out what's going on and have a new build this weekend. The reason I released this build is because it fixed some very specific problems, but it looks like it might have made things worse. Hang on a couple of days and I'll get it back in shape.

L.B.

Guest bitbank
1.0.3 seems really slow for me. I opened Sonic and Tails 2 for GameGear, and its like the app just freezes every couple seconds for a second or two.

Also, the button issue still exists - have to open the define keys screen to use any of the non-direction keys....

This is totally my fault - I left some debugging code in that I was using to debug Sylvan Tale - it presses START every 16 frames. Sorry - I'll issue a new build asap.

L.B.

Guest bitbank
SmartGear 1.03 PocketPC version

MegaDrive

Game : Phantasy Star II (UE)

If i try to press " New Game " it goes back to Start/Intro screen.

Check the AVI movie (PS.zip)

PS: Cannot test on Desktop PC version because after trying to load game, I get a crash.

PC

Dell Latitude C840 Notebook

Mobile Pentium 4-M 1794.7 MHz

WinXP Pro SP2 (German)

The crash on the PC version was due to an incorrect compiler option - it will work on the next release.

The reason you can't get a game started is because this game uses the 3rd button ("C") to advance through the menus. You must define and use that button.

L.B.

Guest bitbank
Sylvan Tale (j) T-Eng works now instead of freezing during the intro, but same problems as annawu. I was wondering if you planned on adding graphic filters such as 2x Super Sai and ect. BTW keep up the wonderful work.

Sylvan Tale still has a problem because I left some debugging code in which presses START 4x per second. I will have this fixed on the next release.

Right now, the 150X uses a smoothing filter which I wrote. I'll check into using other filters...

L.B.

Guest trippenz

Also another bug i found when playing GBC i have to go back into the control settings and exit inorder for it to use defined keys.

Guest rushmore
I just released version 1.0.3 - sorry for the delay. I've been working on cleaning up the various CPU bugs and this build includes good fixes for the GameGear/SMS, NES and Genesis. Rushmore, please recheck the Genesis games which failed before; you should find that most of them now work. I still need to fix a few more 68k bugs.

The best way to help me is to find games which work on the desktop version and have a problem on the Windows Mobile version (or just behave differently). This would indicate a bug in my ARM asm CPU emulator.

Thanks,

L.B.

LB, I think I will hold off installing this version and wait for the next less buggy version. The posts seem to imply this version is less stable than 1.02... am I correct?

Guest rushmore
I just released version 1.0.3 - sorry for the delay. I've been working on cleaning up the various CPU bugs and this build includes good fixes for the GameGear/SMS, NES and Genesis. Rushmore, please recheck the Genesis games which failed before; you should find that most of them now work. I still need to fix a few more 68k bugs.

The best way to help me is to find games which work on the desktop version and have a problem on the Windows Mobile version (or just behave differently). This would indicate a bug in my ARM asm CPU emulator.

Thanks,

L.B.

L.B.- in regards to 1.03:

Bad news: Genesis games lock my phone up now and I have to hard boot. Example, I tried Alien Soldier (one that did not work in the past) and Cannon Fodder (one that did work). Both locked my Dash up (black screen). Every game I tried did the same thing, so I will hold off loading anymore Geneis games until there is a fix.

Good news: Crisis Force now works and so does Blades of Steel (thanks!).

Edit: As far as Genesis games, I tried MUSHA and other games on my list that worked and all of them do the same thing: Black screen and the phone is locked up.

Edited by rushmore

Guest trippenz
L.B.- in regards to 1.03:

Bad news: Genesis games lock my phone up now and I have to hard boot. Example, I tried Alien Soldier (one that did not work in the past) and Cannon Fodder (one that did work). Both locked my Dash up (black screen). Every game I tried did the same thing, so I will hold off loading anymore Geneis games until there is a fix.

Good news: Crisis Force now works and so does Blades of Steel (thanks!).

Edit: As far as Genesis games, I tried MUSHA and other games on my list that worked and all of them do the same thing: Black screen and the phone is locked up.

I have had this problem as well before in the past on previous versions. After doing a security wipe on my sch-i600 it worked fine. You may try that. Back Up Everything thou that you wish to keep before doing thou or you will lose it

Guest rushmore
I have had this problem as well before in the past on previous versions. After doing a security wipe on my sch-i600 it worked fine. You may try that. Back Up Everything thou that you wish to keep before doing thou or you will lose it

I appreciate the advice, but with all of the programs I have on my Dash and the fact that I havee to bypass my locked Dash to get the rom that accepts SDHC cards, I will hold off for a fix, or just use Picodrive for Genesis games. I am a happy camper anyways, since it plays, TG16, NES, GBC and Sega fine. Gensesis to me is more icing on the cake.

Guest bitbank

I just released 1.0.4...

Lots of good fixes in this build:

1) Load/Save functions should work properly in all games (including Genesis).

2) More CPU bug fixes for the 68k should show up as better Genesis compatibility.

3) Fixed incorrect mapper # for NES game Pipe Dream.

4) Key definition now works when done from within a paused game.

5) Debug code removed from GameGear.

Basically all recently reported issues should be addressed.

Here's the link:

SmartGear Web Page

L.B.

Guest PolloLoco
I just released 1.0.4...

2) More CPU bug fixes for the 68k should show up as better Genesis compatibility.

Here's the link:

SmartGear Web Page

L.B.

Great job Bitbank. I was able to get Legend of Kage to work for the first time.

Unfortunately, I found a couple of problems with TG16 emulation on my VZ6700. Using the default settings, TG games played "jerky" with a slight stutter. However, if I turned off "throttle framerate" - all of the stuttering goes away. However, there's now a meter that specifies the current framerate.

Save states on TG16 are still not great. Again, if you save within a level - there's all sorts of pixel distortion when you try to load that save. I've been able to work around this by just saving at the end of levels or at transitional points where the screen loads anew (opening a door for example).

Regardless - I have to say I'm impressed by your constant updates. Just wanted to give you bug reports that might help.

Guest rushmore
I just released 1.0.4...

Here's the link:

SmartGear Web Page

LB, good job on version 1.04 as far as improvements and bug fixes.

Genesis good news: The games that did work now play even better (smoother).

Genesis bad news: Only one game from my list graduated to working (Sensible Soccer).

1) At least one game stopped working (crash to windows) Wanni Wanni World.

2) Mega Swiv still has no sprites.

3) Some games that had black screens now crash to windows and some games that used to crash to windows now have black screens. At least they changed :D

4) Again my reference is Picodrive, since all of the games on my previous list (except Super Bubble Bobble) work.

L.B.

I think you are heading in the right direction!

Guest darkfinger

Hi,

Great product - I'm most interested in SNES. I've tried to play my ROMs on both XP and WM, but I can't see the files. My files have a .SMC extension - should they be something else?

Thanks,

D

Guest bitbank
Hi,

Great product - I'm most interested in SNES. I've tried to play my ROMs on both XP and WM, but I can't see the files. My files have a .SMC extension - should they be something else?

Thanks,

D

SmartGear expects game files to be inside of ZIP files. It doesn't really make sense to keep games uncompressed since they would take 2-4X as much disk space.

L.B.

Guest trippenz

i just wanted to say that slvan tale works fine now. thanks for the update bitbank. I am working on a rom capability chart now so it will make it easier for everyone to know what plays and what doesn't and so on.I'll pm you it if you want so you can post it on your site.

Guest bitbank
i just wanted to say that slvan tale works fine now. thanks for the update bitbank. I am working on a rom capability chart now so it will make it easier for everyone to know what plays and what doesn't and so on.I'll pm you it if you want so you can post it on your site.

That would be great; please send me a note to my email address ([email protected]).

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest jmacdonald801
SmartGear expects game files to be inside of ZIP files. It doesn't really make sense to keep games uncompressed since they would take 2-4X as much disk space.

L.B.

So I'm a little confused. So is SNES emulation working on Windows Mobile? Because i tried to open a zip with an SMC file inside and it says "Unrecognized File". It does however work on the desktop version.

-James

Guest thelostsoul

This one runs well, but still has one particularly annoying issue: it doesn't map the keys at startup still!

I open a game, and only the arrow keys work. A, B, and start are mapped to left softkey, right softkey, * key respectively and none of these keys function until I pause the game using the Smartgear pause (not the start button; mapped to the space bar for me) and press menu - define keys, then done. All the keys then suddenly start working.

I'd also like to point out that all my saved games from previous version were incompatible with this version, so I lost all my saved games :D minor inconvenience...