CodeCity's CityTime + Homescreen Plugin Released

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

Well, after well over a year, CodyCity has finally released CityTime for Smartphones with a cool Homescreen Plugin included that shows multiple City times right on your homescreen. I've been using this for quite awhile and it has proven to be a very valuable & essential tool on my phone.

animation2.gif

DOWNLOAD TRIAL HERE AT HANDANGO OR BUY FOR $8.95

The fast and accurate day/night plot shows where it is day and night across the world in real time. Time anywhere in the world can be estimated by referring to the day/night plot. Four world clocks on screen give precise information and show the day of the week in remote cities.

The 'Location' feature allows you to automatically and accurately adjust your location and timezone when traveling. Fully automatic daylight savings time means remote city times are always correct. Onscreen DST indicators allow you to see at a glance any cities which are currently in daylight savings time. Full online help is provided within the program, it includes not only information on use but interesting information about geography. Other features include: 

- Corrects incorrect Daylight Saving Rules for Israel, Mexico, Brasil, Iraq and many more contries! 

- Sunrise and sunset times Moonrise, moonset and phase times 

- Airport code listing for all cities 

- Powerful time calculator 

- Internet time sync via SNTP 

- Home screen plugin and layout 

- City Appointments, schedule appointments in another time zone without worrying about timezone differences, from the Calendar as a plug-in or from within CityTime! 

- Flight Appointment, schedule flights from within Calendar as a plug-in or CityTime. 

- Fully sortable city list displaying airport codes, area codes and country codes. 

- Dialing code helper

Guest midnight
cool homescreen Plugin included that shows multiple City times right on your homescreen

oh, just like my MSN homescreen does.... for free :P

Guest nickcornaglia

Here is an old review I did for Jenneth.info

http://www.jenneth.info/archives/003201.html

Here is an older Modaco Topic

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=108585

oh, just like my MSN homescreen does.... for free 

Free is a relative term sometimes. Also, this may be a bit more user-friendly for those of us who really don't use the RJHTML homescreen plugin for various reasons. :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]
Free is a relative term sometimes. Also, this may be a bit more user-friendly for those of us who really don't use the RJHTML homescreen plugin for various reasons.

How is free a relative term?

What are 'various reasons'?

P

Guest nickcornaglia

Well here's an off-topic can of worms being opened.

Personally speaking....

I personally don't believe the plugin should have been a ModacoPlus benefit. I think it is too important of a plugin to limit it's development for only those who are willing to pay the ModacoPlus fee. Modaco has many great benefits and, as you know, I am certainly willing to pay a fee for no other reason than to support the site...but as many in the past have said, including Midnight himself, if they have to pay for plugins, they simply won't use them. There is a free version of the MSN homescreen but users are limited to what data Midnight provides. That's great if it suits you...but almost all of the data has no value to me. More access to the plugin would mean more developers writing for it and more options on the plugin usage for Smartphone users.

I don't know how to utilize the plugin (yet) and I don't intend on learning to in the very near future. As everyone knows, it goes well beyond Homescreen XML. HTML, RSS, PHP, etc knowledge are needed to report anything of value on the screen. I am one of those who will depend on others to make something close to what I want so that I may edit/tweak it from there forward. I'm trying to learn the Orange plugin right now and that's about all I can fit into my head at the moment.

The only homescreen that utilizes the plugin today is the MSN homescreen. I have said it before...I love the technology behind the homescreen. Appreciate the work involved to make it. But the theme doesnt really suit me and the extra data is of no use to me personally.

Back on topic....

So if World times are something that you would like to incorporate into you homescreens and you value the additional functionality of the program CityTime itself, and RJHTML is not an option for you at this time...CodeCity is a nice option for you! :P

Guest nickcornaglia
i personally don't like the fact that the link to the application is a affiliate program link. bad taste in my mouth...

cheers, lutz

1) CodeCity.net has not updated their site yet to include the Smartphone app.

2) I dont believe Handango is an affilite of MoDaCo in any way.

3) I dont go out of my way to link to Smartphone.net like MSmobiles for any personal vedettas against Handango.

Guest lutzh

ohoh, i think i was on a wrong way in this case...

sorry buddy, but i was seeing the link wrong - i guess the affiliateID stands for the program developer and not for what's usually behind it (someone's making money with orders created via the link with the affiliate ID).

sorry mate.

cheers, lutz

Guest Paul [MVP]

You were right Lutzh, MoDaCo is a Handango Affiliate, Handango links on MoDaCo include the MoDaCo Affiliate ID to track purchases at Handango from this site.

A (*very*)small percentage of the price is also paid to MoDaCo (although i've yet to see a payment!).

I don't actually see a problem with that tho?

P

Guest lutzh

in this case absolutely not. only if someone in private would do that here by typing "oh great program you have to have it" and making personal money with it i would really be p'ssed.

ok?

cheers, lutz

Guest Paul [MVP]

Sure :P

It's worth noting that we don't link to Handango exclusively for any reason, we are quite against the percentage cut that Handango take from developers, and under no circumstances would we promote an application in order to generate affiliate revenue!

Particularly as they seem unable to ever make any payments anyway ;-)

P

Guest midnight

encece, the version of the plugin included withg MSN ISNT the public version for use by other people, that version hasnt been released yet. It will be a restricted version of the full plugin but will be totally customiseable like the full plugin.

MSN also isnt the only homescreen to use the rjhtml plugin, my own MoDaCo3 homescreen for plus users utilises it (and was the first homescreen to use rjhml), and Dr Blow has released a public rjhtml homescreen aswell, ok, it has lots of the content i created (including my world time) but thats cos dr blow doesnt know how to code html/javascript. Any plus members can create their own RJHTML homescreens, and, so long as i arrange the encrypted url's, can release them to the public.

Guest lutzh
It's worth noting that we don't link to Handango exclusively for any reason, we are quite against the percentage cut that Handango take from developers, and under no circumstances would we promote an application in order to generate affiliate revenue! 

even better now that i know the story behind :-)

thanks for the extra lesson ;-)

cheers, lutz

Guest nickcornaglia
encece, the version of the plugin included withg MSN ISNT the public version for use by other people, that version hasnt been released yet. It will be a restricted version of the full plugin but will be totally customiseable like the full plugin.

MSN also isnt the only http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen to use the rjhtml plugin, my own MoDaCo3 http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen for plus users utilises it (and was the first http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen to use rjhml), and Dr Blow has released a public rjhtml http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen aswell, ok, it has lots of the content i created (including my world time) but thats cos dr blow doesnt know how to code html/javascript. Any plus members can create their own RJHTML http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens, and, so long as i arrange the encrypted url's, can release them to the public.

I'm aware that the MSN Version is the encrypted version but isnt the non-encrypted version available to PlusMembers as a standalone plugin download to use any way one wishes as long as it's not distributed beyond Plus Membership?

Guest midnight

thats correct, but aswell as this version, soon to be released (as far as i'm aware) is a public version that has restrictions but not encrypted url's

and, the plus only version can be distributed but requires me to encrypt the url's before release to the public

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.