E200 ROM released on Orange UK!

Guest shardy

Guest Disco Stu

Right I did it.

OTA unlock within seconds.

Installed Sprite and restored from storage card.

Reinstalled ActiveSync :oops:

Everything else seemed to be working fine.

Sprite reinstalled ClearType - how did we do without it ?!

Then I checked IA Caller ID and all my settings have gone :P

Is there a way to get them back ?

Guest Blakey

What do you mean by "lost your T9" ?

My experience was painless. I've also installed loads less crap on the phone since the upgrade which I'm hoping will keep it cleaner and hopefully faster. I played around with my mobipocket reader and mapopolis for ages last night without a single card hang. Bodes well, but it's early days. Am going to leave it and see how long the phone lasts without charging now.

One thing that I did notice is that it seems to shut down and start up loads quicker now - although that might be a function of not loading up so much stuff up front...

Cheers

Blakey

Guest jbrare

Had exactly the same problem, I spoke to Orange tech support who told me to edit my data connections, GPRS Connections, Orange GPRS goto primary DNS and put in 158.43.192.1 then in secondary DNS put in 158.43.128.1 this worked for me, GPRS is much better now. Hope this helps. :P

JB

Guest serialkillazzs

since 7.00 p.m yesterday since installin update on full charge, my e200 is at 62% at 11.46 a.m this mornin 10/08/04, thats even with goin into windows media site in the e200 favourites and downloading and watchin one of the movie trailers, fidlin around with favourites, setting up betaplayer hotkeys and playlists, and basically setting ma phone phone up after copyin over a few cabs to storage card after once sync after update.

plus points

* battery life seems a fair bit longer than first update

* volume improved greatly

* camera and video improved

* beta player volume key bug after settin up hotkeys and exiting player fixed

* NO CRASHES

**********SD BUG FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-ve points

*no sendin of amr files or video via mms- COME ON ORANGE even the original SPV had this!!!!!

IF ANYONE HAS GOT RINGTONES PROGRAM FOR RUNNIN OF SD CARD COULD YOU PLEASE POST IT

Guest robpow

Anyone figured out how to stop it from disconnecting the GPRS session when you lock the keyboard?

What on earth made them think it would be a good idea to drop all data sessions because you lock the keyboard?

Do these new ROM upgrades get beta tested outside of Orange?

Cheers,

Matt

Guest skaramanga

Installed it last night, very happy so far. Battery life is improved!!

Everything works okay too.

That is the longest 5 minutes I have ever encountered!!! :P

installing the new rom update has resulted in my phone not turning on, and only enetering boot loader mode, has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Guest serialkillazzs

UPDATE: 7.00p.m roughly

Battery level at 26% after nearly a full 24 hrs, no hang ups nothin, with fairly active o2 pay and go use, texting and calls. not bad for first charge usin new rom, found that old e200 even improved battery wise after a few days, so fingers crossed this might to

Guest dreamweavel

Blakey wrote

What do you mean by "lost your T9" ?

Usually once or twice a day while using messenger or typing a text message i go to type a word I know i've added to the T9 dictionary and it no longer exists; in fact none of the words i added are there any more. I have to close messenger/inbox and copy one i keep backed up on my SD card back into the system folder ....

It's been the same with both the previous Orange ROMs and i was sort of hoping they'd have cracked it by now :P

Guest sparkisgti
installing the new rom update has resulted in my phone not turning on, and only enetering boot loader mode, has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

i had the same problem mate, it kept crapping out about 10%

ive given up and gone back to the previous version.. not really bothered coz im gonna get a c500 as soon as their available

Guest serialkillazzs

funny mine worked first time with activesync 3.7,only thing i have on my computer is adaware,panda antivirus with firewall, acronis with firewall,spywatcher, hardware firewall msn firewall and google pop up blocker, still installed first time, don't have a clue were u's are all goin wrong

and me with beer googles on at he min postin

Ok, so still no GPRS action happening here!!

Rang Orange yesterday, sent me some new setting, zilch happened.

Rang Orange today, couldn't help so it's been sent of to the infamous 'technical department' [turn around up to 12 days...]

Don't know about you guys, but this is an ongoing problem with my E200.

Approximately once a month, for no rhyme-or-reason, the GPRS decides not to work and usually takes a bout 3-4 calls to orange, about an hour of my time, with each person telling me different solutions, and then finally, seemingly us-assisted by orange [i've never been able to narrow it done to one piece of advice] the GPRS will suddenly work again..... Until the next time!!

Getting very sick of it!!

Guest pizdyetz77

Some people are saying that the "SD Bug" has been fixed . . .

What bug are they referring to?

Does this refer to the E200 previously not recognising 'multi-layered' cards and now it does?

I'm just about to send back a Viking 256Mb that will only read and not write. Should I send it back or just update the ROM?

Thanks,

GH

Guest dombates

The SD card bug refers to the problem where the phone inexplicably stops recognising the SD card, rendering the card's contents temporarily or sometimes permanently inaccessible until the card is ejected and re-inserted.

This causes a number of problems - for me the worst being that Windows Media Player randomly jumps to the next track. This is very frustrating during long mixes, especially given the lack of fast forward.

Anyone know whether this issue has significantly improved since the latest update? There seems to be a mixed response on this thread so far...

Guest Blakey

I've been updated for only 2 days now (sounds like some sort of addiction therepy...) and I've not had any lock ups on my phone at all. Previously it locked up fairly often but I couldn't say exactly how frequently. I've also noticed improved battery life like many others. Again, couldn't put a figure on it.

It's too early to say that I'm 100% happy with the upgrade but as far as the last 2 days is concerned everything has been better than before.

Blakey

Guest pizdyetz77

Thanks for the answer.

Is anyone able to try using one of these 'multi-layered' cards under the new ROM to test it? I read elsewhere that the original SPV accepted these cards and that the E200s inability to do so is a software rather than hardware issue.

I'm away at the moment and can't update myself so if someone could try to write to one of these cards & let us all know, I for one will be grateful.

GH