E200 ROM released on Orange UK!

Guest shardy

Guest the loc-man

I have the new rom on and the battery seems to be better I feel, I have had it on since 7am yesterday, a few calls, a few txtx and Bluetooth was on for about 1hr 30mins and as I stand now 11:30am its at 58% (it was switched off overnight at 12am, switched back onat 7am)

Looks like now may get 2 days worth at least.

Guest bluesmudge

I've only just got back from holiday, and decided i want to install the update:::::::: I've read about people having problems with installing it, as it hangs partway through. To you i say, make sure you have downloaded the ENTIRE programme. I've been trying to down it and it seems to randomly end the download incomplete. (The complete size being 15.8 MB) But the thing is still runable, but obviously unable to complete.

This could just be my problem, but i've tried it with various download managers and it does the same. .... so it looks like i'll be waiting before i do the update.

So for gods sake check it before you start installing!

BLuesmudge :roll: :roll: :shock:

Guest LardyBoy

Someone mentioned multi layer cards. I can confirm they don't work with the new ROM. My phone came with the new ROM and I bought a 256Mb Kingston (supposedly a good name in memory and all that) and you can't copy anything to it or read from it. Exchanging it for a Sandisk 256Mb which, I am reliably informed by one of the threads on here, do work.

By the way I'm sure I read somewhere that this ROM was supposed to allow WMP playlists but I can't get them to work. Anyone know anything about that? Its massively annoying when I'm trying to put on music to listen to in the gym.

• 8 months later...
Guest ModaBloke

Hello!

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I can't seem to find an answer elsewhere...

I'm trying to download the Orange SPV e200 ROM 2.7.1.1

Reason is, I'm trying to SIM unlock the phone as per the instructions given by Squall HERE (left Orange to go to T-Mobile, so I could get an MDA Compact ;) ). They instruct me to install the latest patch.

However, my phone broke a few months ago and came back from HTC with the latest patch. As I didn't install it, I don't have a copy available.

Finally, the only ROM I can find on the Orange site is the old 2.6.1.3 ROM. The link to the 2.7.1.1 no longer works.

Any ideas?

Modabloke

Guest niim

But I download this ROM 3 days ago...

After this I download ROM 2.7.5.1.

And update my Qtek 8080 (1.9.14.1) to SPV E200 (2.7.5.1). Successly.

Guest comar

maybe,somebody could add the new post with, rom list from all networks, and write differences of them. admin could pine the post...

Guest niim

Qtek - last ROM 1.9.14.1 :P

Orange - 2.7.5.1 ;)

i-mate - 1.10.15.2 :?:

O2 - 1.10.18.6 ;)

Difference... Oh-he-he...

Source ROM was O2 1.7.10.2 (really it's Qtek 8080N5)

I tried Qtek ROM (1.9.14.1) and installed Orange now...

What had i main problems? Main problem for me this is "loss" of storage card...

Very often (one time in 2-3 days) smartphone is hanging... and reinsert storage card decide problem - voyager work again, i.e. interruptional process is continued !

After update Qtek to Orange this trouble don't appear... yet. See...

Life time battery ... Think equal approximately...

BT is equal too as i see.

What's questions?

Edited by niim

Guest comar

thanks niim.

i have my voyager for 5 days. my first rom was orange uk 2.7.1.1 but i found 2.7.5.1 so i installed it, and didnt see any changes. yesterday i installed qtek and its horrible, and cannot install mms :/ and i think phone is slower. what about i-mate??? i cannot find it anywhere on the web or p2p ;)

Guest niim

Unfortunately ROM Update i-mate can get on _clubimate.com only

Need IMEI HTC Voyager - i-mate! #-o

Free it's absent in Internet - i cann't find :roll:

Hear opinion - i-mate ROM is best choice today but how check? :-k

Edited by niim